The New Guide to Pyramid Plunder

Gandorf61

I have a suggestion to the tips/tricks part of the guide.

In my experience running this, having rapid regeneration on helps (counteracts the poison completely if it's ticking for 18 or less).

66 prayer and I'm getting 4 - 5 runs in with the prayer constantly active. With an altar a stones throw away from the pyramid, it slows down the overall experience gain, but can add 2 - 3 pieces of food over the course of your run for a small amount of additional time (if you aren't using the bunyip to heal, or even if you are)

Der+Gauner.png

I'm enjoying most of my life, why should I get a new one?

-Anonymous

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job on the guide, I've got to get my thieving up eventually.

Currently 53. :(

Still not too bad, good luck on raising your level. :)

I have a suggestion to the tips/tricks part of the guide.

In my experience running this, having rapid regeneration on helps (counteracts the poison completely if it's ticking for 18 or less).

66 prayer and I'm getting 4 - 5 runs in with the prayer constantly active. With an altar a stones throw away from the pyramid, it slows down the overall experience gain, but can add 2 - 3 pieces of food over the course of your run for a small amount of additional time (if you aren't using the bunyip to heal, or even if you are)

Thanks for the tip, I've added it and credited you. :thumbsup:

I also added information on the new Rapid Renewal prayer as well from the Dungeoneering skill and the set effect of wearing full penance armour.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, got 80-89, hoping to get 99 before the end of April =D

Grats on 99 thieving! :thumbsup:

Probably would be a good idea to add the new Anti-poison totem from the dungeoneering skill. Prevents you from getting poisoned.

Thanks for the info, just got around to adding it today, I credited you. :)

Ok so I finally got around to going through the entire guide and I have rewritten several portions and added a new section. You can see them highlighted in teal on the main post.

There's still a few more images I'm going to add when I have a chance, as well as a video I still hope to make. For now though everything should be up to date with all viable methods listed to gain the best possible experience. There's a few new dungeoneering rewards that can be extremely useful too listed in the Healing section.

I basically redid the entire equipment/inventory section to make it easier to read and choose which equipment/items will be most helpful for you to use. If you find any grammar/spelling/link errors please let me know so I can fix them. :)

• 1 month later...

Great job on editing the guide :D I really enjoy having my video up in the guide lol. I linked this topic in the video description as well. However, I don't get too many views, so it won't help that much for your views :P But at least I did it lol.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

• 3 weeks later...

Great guide, but why did you put the Ardougne Cloak at a higher "rank" than the Soul Wars cape? Soul Wars cape gives a +12 prayer bonus, the Cloak only gives a +6.

Xenful.png

[Hide]whatcolor_isblue.jpg

[/Hide]

Great guide, but why did you put the Ardougne Cloak at a higher "rank" than the Soul Wars cape? Soul Wars cape gives a +12 prayer bonus, the Cloak only gives a +6.

Well I think because you can go to the Monastery and back (with a Sceptre).

As said, it is some of the fastest experience in the game. I had Enhanced Excaliber, Spottier Cape, Boots of Lightness, Prayer Book and Symbol of Saradomin and I was still getting 250K+ XP per hour at Pyramid Plunder. But I didn't 'Check for Snakes' first, because I felt that they were too slow. Had I known this beforehand I wouldn't of wasted all that food and antipoison potions.

However, even with XP rates of 250-275k per hour, getting 200M XP in the skill seems a long ways off.

Yeah even getting 250k xp/hr from 99 onwards it would take at least ~748 hours to max out xp. :S

Well I think because you can go to the Monastery and back (with a Sceptre).

Pretty much this. In my opinion the quick teleport to recharge prayer is far more useful than an extra +6 prayer bonus. Plus the Ardougne Cloak 3 is a lot easier to obtain. :P

Thanks for the positive comments guys. :)

1. Once you have arrived at the Pyramid search the outer doors until you find the one that leads to the room with the mummy. This room changes every time you play.

The room doesnt change every time you play - Just changed to 1 of the 4 every 20mins or so.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

• 10 months later...

Question: I have a friend with 56m+ thieve exp and he said that there is a method faster then Pyramid Plunder. Blackjacking Monkey Knife Fighters can get around 300k+ an hour he says. Is this true?

Bad_Bieber.png

Yeah I haven't tried blackjacking Monkey Knife Fighters yet but I've heard from a lot of people that they're the fastest experience in the game. Pyramid Plunder is still a viable alternative for those who get tired of the same clicking away for hours on end or those who just want a bit of a change. If I get a chance I'll do some tests myself and compare the experience rates between the two. :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

Very nice guide, makes me want to go back to Pyramid Plunder really. Now I woud just need 75 runecrafting...>.>

One thing that you could add is the option not to plunder on world 64 but instead have a small group of friends or just people with the same interest plundering together. This mostly eliminates the changing doors and speeds up trips a bit. You will just have to agree on which method for banking you will use to keep nobody waiting.

One thing that you could add is the option not to plunder on world 64 but instead have a small group of friends or just people with the same interest plundering together. This mostly eliminates the changing doors and speeds up trips a bit. You will just have to agree on which method for banking you will use to keep nobody waiting.

That's not a bad idea. Only downfall with that is you'd all have to be able to reach the same floor level to get the most experience as well.

• 1 month later...

That's not a bad idea. Only downfall with that is you'd all have to be able to reach the same floor level to get the most experience as well.

Why exactly? Those with lower levels can just stop a floor or two earlier - there's not much time lost if you have to check two doors instead of one on the the last floor.

Why exactly? Those with lower levels can just stop a floor or two earlier - there's not much time lost if you have to check two doors instead of one on the the last floor.

If it's only a floor or two in difference then yeah I guess you'd be right. It would only be a problem if there were huge differences in the floors one can reach but most people will be level 70+ anyways so I guess it wouldn't matter.