Web Design Templates

Mirror

I've been a basic html coder (more of a monkey see, monkey do) so I hardly consider myself one. Well I've been given the task of being a webmaster for two campus websites, and they want a face lift. Now I know I ain't no designer, but a reference told me to check out Template Monster. Does anyone know anything about this place? Like how implementable would it be if I bought a template so it would fit my needs? Like how much coding of my own work will I have to put into it?

I use Expressions for my program to edit pages, and the html pages are stored on a server in my school's database to which I have access to. Oh, and if you are curious, the types of websites would be an online radio station and a news tv station website. There are talks about combining the two as well, so that may be a good or a bad thing for me. ;) Thanks in advance!

P.S. If you know of a better site to find web design templates, feel free to share some. I'm open to any solution that helps me out so I don't have to create a website from scratch (because I don't have the time to learn and implement it. :P)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

It really depends how complicated your site is, but it could be relatively easy to implement a template. Do you have links to the pages currently?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'm basically starting from scratch with both sites.

Here are my two sites currently:

Radio: http://www.wqhu.net/fuse/FuseMain.htm

TV: http://www.htvnews.net/home.htm

We are going to be adding new features as we develop them as well. So any templates I'm looking at purchasing need to be able to adept if you catch my drift. I've never purchased a template before, so I don't know how user friendly they are.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I've never really used other people's templates before so I can't help you on that. I always make my own templates planners in photo shop, set as background, do all of the css to position where I want everything, then modify the design planner to an actual background.

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, websites that sell "high quality" templates are ripping you off.

There are plenty available for free, high quality and perfectly easy to modify for your needs. Also, people are often willing to share templates that they have purchased. Just ask around a bit.

However, i still suggest that you make a site yourself. It is always FAR easier to work with your own code than someone else's, and it is easy as pie with photoshop and a visual HTML editor like dreamweaver, regardless of your prior knowledge of HTML/CSS.

Good luck with the sites :P

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.