Display driver R300...

Zibl

I've Google searched around for an answer, and have yet to find one that actually works.

Here recently, when I try to watch certain movies or play a game, my screen will freeze for a moment or two and the unfreeze. When this happens, a small box in the bottom right corner pops up that reads "Display Driver R300 stopped responding and has recovered". Then it will freeze again for a moment, and then unfreeze. It continues to do this unless I manage to close out the window.

How can this be fixed? It's never done it before, and has just recently started. I installed the latest DirectX (9.0c) version a day or 2 ago... would that have anything to do with it? By the way, if I'm looking correctly, I have a ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 graphics card on my Gateway laptop (Windows Vista).

Thanks!

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

have you updated the graphic card drivers? odds are if not they dont support direct x 9 due to lack of updating.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

have you updated the graphic card drivers? odds are if not they dont support direct x 9 due to lack of updating.

When you say update, do you mean like... a more recent update that I can download for it? Or are you talking about a completely new/different graphics card all together? I Google search "ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 updates", but didn't find anything that looked reliable or even correct. Then again, I'm not all that savvy when it comes to stuff like this <_< . At the moment I'm downloading a DriverScanner ( http://www.liutilities.com/products/campaigns/affiliate/offer/gen/ds/ ) and trying that out.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/integrated_vista32.aspx?type=2.7&product=2.7.2.3.2&lang=English

There ya go the latest driver, direct from the AMD site (thhey make ati cards) Came out 24th feb this year

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thanks Paw_Claw. I downloaded & ran Catalyst, but now I have another problem: instead of saying "Display Driver R300 stopped responding and has recovered", it is now saying "Display Driver ATIKMDAG stopped responding and has recovered".

I find it amazingly difficult to believe that my computer is failing this much. It was purchased in mid 2007, and it runs like a champ 99% of the time.

Well based on the fact ur graphics card came up as "legacy drivers" on the ATI website it is outdated. So I'd guess fair chance new direct X isn't compatible, also judging by the number etc I think that GPU dates from early 00's, so I'm guessing you bought a cheapish laptop without graphics as a priority in 2007 so it had older cheaper gpu. And therefore is kinda outdated and incapable of the newest features arriving.

Just a guess, not 100% sure but based on what I've seen seems quite likely.

You have to remember computers are a fast moving industry, most tech can go from "high end" to "outdated crud" in the space of like 5 years.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It supports DX9.

You can use this otherwise: http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/dlcenter.asp?Tab=My

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

It supports DX9.

You can use this otherwise: http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/dlcenter.asp?Tab=My

Alright so I'm a bit confused. I put in my serial number (Gateway MT6460 Notebook) and got a long list of downloads. I'm assuming I needed to only look in the "My Media Reader" section. If I was correct with my assumption, there are 2 different downloads to choose from.

#1 - D20009-000-001[Caution: Executable File] - Windows XP and Vista (32/64-bit) TI Media Card Reader Driver

Supports: Windows Vista (64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit), Windows XP

and

#2 - D20003-003-001[Caution: Executable File] - Media Card Reader Driver Version: TI 2.0.0.6

Supports: Windows Vista (64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit), Windows XP

I have no idea which to choose from. This is the point where I completely got dumbfounded :unsure: .