Help me rebuild my armor setup!

Noob_Sammich

Hey everyone -

I'm giving the game another shot, and I'm completely outdated. Simply put, I'm think about putting 25-30m into my new armor setup. The only problem is, there's new combination sets and new armor. I currently have nothing except a mound of GP.

Debate amongst yourselves and help me recreate my armor setup. If you can, try to put in a weapon or two. My cutoff is 35m for this.

Btw - I'm going members, so P2P please.

statsyn.png\

Thanks.

It just goes to show that, though there's an age requirement, there's no IQ requirement to play RS.

kule2000rf7.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?

It'd help if you told us stats and what gear you've got already.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

helm: full slayer (2.6m)/veracs (4m)

amulet: glory (75k) (fury (14m) if cash left over)

plate: torags/dh/guthans (~600k)/prossy (10k)

legs: v skirt (2m)

boots: dragon (500k)

ring: zerker (4m)

shield: rune defender (free_

weapon: whip (3.6m)

special weapon: dds (30k)

cape: fire/soulwars (free/150k)

spend the rest on super sets+prayer pots

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Put up a picture. Can you also post what each item costs?

Thanks

It just goes to show that, though there's an age requirement, there's no IQ requirement to play RS.

kule2000rf7.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?

It depends entirely on what you want to do. Are you slaying? Training? If general training, what stats? I assume that you're not going to be doing any PVP or MHing, as your combat levels are kind of low.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Since you're probably not going to be able to get 80+ dungeoneering that quickly, the whip and rune defender is probably the only guaranteed piece of melee gear you'll want right now. As morning said, almost everything else is left up to what you plan on doing.

Melee armour:

The best inexpensive armour is going to be barrows. The whole sets together aren't that great for everyday combat, but if you mix & match tops & bottoms you should come up with something you like. The best combination is a verac's skirt (2m) and either a torag or dharok top (both have the same stats, so it's your choice depending on which you prefer in terms of looks and cost). Consider upgrading to a set of bandos armour when you can afford it (about 23m for the top, 27m for the bottom). For a helmet, you'll want to get a helm of neitiznot (from the fremmenik trials quest), and a black mask (eventually upgrade to a slayer helm) for when you're doing slayer. Cape isn't too important at your level, a legends cape or obsidian cape is fine. For a shield, go to the warriors guild and get a rune defender, it should only take a couple hours. The best gloves in the game come from the recipe for disaster quest line, so just do as much of that as you can and use the highest gloves you can get. Dragon boots are pretty cheap (about 500k), so get a pair of those. Rings and amulets tend to be small upgrades that cost a lot, so don't worry yet if you can't afford the best. Start with an ammy of glory (75k), and upgrade to a fury (14-15m) when you can. A warrior's ring is okay (400k), but a berserker is even better (4m). The whip continues to be one of the best all-around choices for a weapon (about 4m, I think), but when you want to train strength, consider buying a saradomin sword (around 10m?).

Range armour:

Black dragonhide will always be a good, cheap staple to have. As usual though, barrows is a good upgrade. A karil's top (about 5.5m) and bottom (about 600k) are worth buying if you can. Also, a pair of snakeskin boots is a cheap but effective option. Eventually you'll want to get a set of armadyl (top: 17m, bottom:17m, helm: 3.5m) and some ranger boots (17m). Rune crossbow is generally regarded as the best ranged weapon to train with, along with broad bolts which are fairly cheap but effective. If you haven't already done animal magnetism quest for Ava's accumulator, you'll want to do it.

Magic robes:

Mystic is still half-decent if you can't afford better, but definitely look at getting a set of ahrim's robes (around 7m for the set). Battle robes are currently around 15m or so, but they're nice because when you use them, you have a chance of casting a spell without using up some of your runes. The staff of light (5m) also does this. Infinity boots (1m) are always good for mages also.

As a side note, I highly recommend training your summoning up higher as soon as you can. It's extremely useful for combat. Beasts of burden, healers, and combat familiars all have their specific uses, and they'll help you a lot if you plan to spend a lot of time on combat.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

So not much has really changed. I stopped playing about the time God swords/armor came out, so barrows is still widely used and most of the weapon combos are the same.

I shouldn't have sold my fury :angry:

Thanks!

kule2000rf7.jpg

About the only game changers since then would be the spirit shields, but they run hundreds of mil.

And the dungeoneering weapons, but you need 80+ dungeoneering to get them

Oh and the imbued rings from MA are the new best rings (other than Fercious ring for when you are doing slayer assignments in kuradels dungeon in mith dragon palce

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue