The star system ***

joris_n

Two letter answer: NW (Not northwest, NO WAY!)

1. Who cares to "hear the truth" when you can get the general idea what they're talking on about. The filter can be oversensitive at times, but it's not that hard to make yourself understood.

2. This would not solve the "I'm mature enough to read those words!" issue.

10 year olds would mark "Yes, don't filter" and be subjected to all of that, even if they did not understand what they were doing.

3. Having the option to disable filters on RS would bring a large crowd of unwanted people, only interested in "cybering," in other words pretending to make use of those "What a comfortable bed!"'s.

4. People fight enough to get around the filter as it is, and I don't want to hear what they're trying to say if it's explicit, profane, or gross in any other way.

5. Player mods were implemented for a purpose, that being to stop people trying to abuse what I've listed as 3. and 4.

6. With bad language running as rampant in the world as it is today, I like being able to go home and have a sort of "sanctuary." RS would no longer be a part of my life if it involved people talking even MORE crap to one another.

In conclusion: Even optional removal of filter ---> BAD idea.

If that doesn't qualify as constructive criticism, then,

I really feel that this idea is somewhat unfounded and would not serve a great purpose to the betterment of mankind.

I don't see why you want to know the "truth", as you call it. Ever played Tibia? Well, Tibia doesn't have language censors, and I can tell you now the community is way worse than Runescape.

The most stupid thing is that you could choose to say naughty words to NPCs, and they would reply with something like "Watch your mouth, boy!" which I think is encouraging to swearers.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

If someone swears or curse, then banning is the solution.

But I think ****ing is sometimes too sensitive.... and had been used in a password scam. "Your password is censored, try it!"

[Admin Edit: Innapropriate Text in sig removed]

people scam people out of their passwords with or without the filters. dont make it look as though the scam works because jagex filters words. the filter is there for a reason

as for "hearing the truth", if you have to same something about someone that requires the use of obscene language, then its an opinion, so its not truth. go back to language class and learn the difference between factual statements and opinion statements instead of trying to cuss people on runescape. geez

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank