Recent-ish Art

tripsis

I haven't posted anything here in ages and with The Gallery being sooo quiet latley it kind of makes me feel guilty. So here's some stuff from the last 3 months or so.

[hide=Digital Art]Newest to oldest:

collide_by_cazzyae-d31bfsf.jpg

behind_blue_eyes_by_cazzyae-d31bfnc.jpg

between_suns_by_cazzyae-d3193b3.jpg

across_space_by_cazzyae-d318nzg.jpg

last_stand_by_cazzyae-d2yj7zd.jpg

e0e6088aeab18923394c8705cc5b5e60-d2yj7r0.jpg

Vengeance_by_cazzyae.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Photography]Newest to oldest:

Sunset_4_by_cazzyae.jpg

Kaua__i_Canyon_by_cazzyae.jpg

Curious_by_cazzyae.jpg

Face_Off_by_cazzyae.jpg

Cheeky_by_cazzyae.jpg[/hide]

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I have some things to say about the photos - There is nothing special in any of them, I think. That sounds harsh, but for me, its the truth. The all seem very snapshot, and badly composed. The sunset one - sure it is a nice scene, but the photo is sooo underexposed it isn't nice to look at. The fronds of leaves also get in the way of what would have been nice composition. The Canyon photo seems super saturated, the colours actually hurt my eyes. I also don't know why, but you are getting a halo effect on the horse, when there really should be. The sky in that photo is also super saturated, and draws attention away from the horse itself, as do the clouds. I do like the swan one, it has a very interesting subject, which I think you've captured well. The exposure and saturation are under control here, which I like. The focus is a tad off however. I think you could have composed the swan better - it seems very static where it has been placed.

Not your best photography, overall...

lampost_sig_stark.png

All incredible, as always!

Thank you! :)

I have some things to say about the photos - There is nothing special in any of them, I think. That sounds harsh, but for me, its the truth. The all seem very snapshot, and badly composed. The sunset one - sure it is a nice scene, but the photo is sooo underexposed it isn't nice to look at. The fronds of leaves also get in the way of what would have been nice composition. The Canyon photo seems super saturated, the colours actually hurt my eyes. I also don't know why, but you are getting a halo effect on the horse, when there really should be. The sky in that photo is also super saturated, and draws attention away from the horse itself, as do the clouds. I do like the swan one, it has a very interesting subject, which I think you've captured well. The exposure and saturation are under control here, which I like. The focus is a tad off however. I think you could have composed the swan better - it seems very static where it has been placed.

Not your best photography, overall...

Harsh is fine - I'm sure it is the truth :P They honestly were kind of snapshots. I haven't been into photography as much and at the time I was more trying to capture the moment/memories than actually craft artistic photographs. I appreciate the CC :)

Damn that space stuff is awesome! Are you painting it from scratch?

Thanks! :) I use one texture per planet but everything else is painted from scratch. I'm only just starting out but hopefully soon I'll be able to drop the "one texture per planet" :)

3rd and 4th space ones are awesome.

Thanks a lot!!

Requesting tutorial for the space ones.

Well here's one :lol: http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4834/acrossspacewalkthrough.jpg I had to go back and hide/unhide layers to take the WIP screenshots. Not my favourite way of going about it, but hopefully it works.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Good space stuff. I'm guessing you aren't too bothered with realism haha. (planets so close by).

I assume you've seen some of the top space artists work? Greg Martin, Alyn (deviant Art) and hell... my friend Mr Frenzy, all really good space artists.

Don't worry about using textures and such for planets by the way. It's really the best way to make a planet look realistic which is what you want. I do like that the scenes do have your own painting style though, which is cool. Will be interesting to see you keep it up. Like I said elsewhere I used to be huge into space art a while back but sort of dropped away from it after I couldn't really make a decent looking planet haha.

The motion blurring on the space ones is really annoying me too :\.

I didn't use motion blur D: If you're talking about the lines, I quite like them. Personal preference, I suppose.

Good space stuff. I'm guessing you aren't too bothered with realism haha. (planets so close by).

Yeah not really :P Just kind of playing around.

I assume you've seen some of the top space artists work? Greg Martin, Alyn (deviant Art) and hell... my friend Mr Frenzy, all really good space artists.

I don't think I had seen Alyn before so thanks for the name drops :) Definitely some good work.

Don't worry about using textures and such for planets by the way. It's really the best way to make a planet look realistic which is what you want. I do like that the scenes do have your own painting style though, which is cool. Will be interesting to see you keep it up. Like I said elsewhere I used to be huge into space art a while back but sort of dropped away from it after I couldn't really make a decent looking planet haha.

Yeah I guess it's the digital painter in me talking :XD: After spending so long *just* painting it almost feels like cheating to suddenly start using textures. I guess I'll get used to it! I'd love to see some of your space work if you still have it :P

Posted Image