Treasure Trails puzzles

Sire_Mark_II

I despise these to no end. Been gone for a while and noticed more sliding puzzles have been added as well. If I really hate to bother with these, are level 3 clues (hard now I guess) even worth trying at all? I've gotten two clues from a task of wyvern's so far and the first I completed one puzzle then got another immedietly after and quit it. This one just gave me a puzzle for the second clue. Gonna quit that too. Now I might do them if it's the seventh clue or I otherwise feel close to finishing. But how often can I expect to see puzzle boxes over all? Do you get puzzle boxes with elite clues?

Simark.png

If you want to do clues, it's worth it to just learn how to do them properly. If it takes you longer than 2 mins per puzzle you need more practise. Personally I find them easy but there are youtube vids and other guides that people can learn off.

No you don't get them from elites, but you do get puzzle knots. If you don't like sliding puzzles you're going to hate them. They require a very similar thought process but (if using the method I use) it's slightly more "brute force".

EDIT: sorry I forgot, you do get them, but they're more complex (read bigger)

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

But how often can I expect to see puzzle boxes over all?

As with any other clue types, sometimes you get 2-3 on the same trial and sometimes none.

Dont think someone ever calcuated the average for that..

Do you get puzzle boxes with elite clues?

Yes - from RS wiki:

Level 4 clue scrolls are very long, and involve a puzzle box or celtic knot between almost every clue

And yes the celtic knots are much more painful