Copying from iPod - iTunes

Mr_Adam

I'm trying to get my iTunes library over to my new computer, ideally without having to copy the entire thing to an External HDD via USB 1.0 and then copying it back.

I've done what I normally do, which is enable hidden files and try to import them directly from my iPod, but this doesn't seem to be working anymore. Is there anything else I can do? Would copying the files from my iPod to my pc work?

Also, songs I've gotten from friends that were authorized to play previously are now de-authorized. Is there anything I can do about that?

I'm running iTunes 10, and an 80g iPod Classic from 2007.

I'd prefer to not download any programs.

Thanks!

Easy solution:

Plug 1 ethernet cable into old computer.

Plug second end into new computer.

Copy and paste across the network.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Easy solution:

One thing that you should always atleast mention when telling people how to establish these networks is that they may have to manually configure the network (give them different IP addresses, and make sure they have different names for windows machines, and make sure that the security on each machine is set up to allow you to copy files) and especially the fact that you may need to use a crossover cable (as opposed to the more common straight through cables) depending on the NICs being used.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Easy solution:

One thing that you should always atleast mention when telling people how to establish these networks is that they may have to manually configure the network (give them different IP addresses, and make sure they have different names for windows machines, and make sure that the security on each machine is set up to allow you to copy files) and especially the fact that you may need to use a crossover cable (as opposed to the more common straight through cables) depending on the NICs being used.

Eh?

I've done it a ton of times at home.

Unplug my ethernet cable from the wall behind esktop and plug into my laptop. Boom second network pops up and I can copy. No faff to it; computers are easy peasy with cable connections cause they r like well you plugged it in you must want it there.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue