RuneScape Research Group

CookMePlox

Yeah. I don't have the numbers on me, but it involves taking the max hit formula and adjusting it. Rather than a max hit, you have a max accuracy roll determined by your attack level and equipment bonus, and a max defense roll from defense level and equipment bonus. Prayers and potions are added same way it works in the strength formula. Higher roll wins. It predicts PvP accuracy very well, but is tough to use on monsters because we don't know their defense levels. It's extremely likely to be accurate, because why would Jagex make up different formulas for max hit and accuracy when they could just use the same one?

One useful thing we could do, I suppose, is use the formula with known attack bonuses with various attack styles and find every monster's effective defense level against each attack style based on the hit percentage.

I was trending towards that idea, it seems you beat me to that. This seems like a very viable hypothesis. We should start testing in PvP, this could be interesting.

On a side note, testing monsters' effective defense will take a while (we'd probably want at least 500-1000 hits per style) so we may want to prioritize which ones we want to test first.

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png