Filling the Barbarian Horn

Dax

I'm not sure as to how the entire thing works, and you guys give the best explanations. ;o

Say I wanted to fill the entire horn. So I can use the first bit on Agility to 80 (Which is somewhere near 270k exp or so), and then whatever the remainder on Mining.

How does it work?

How much B A would I expect to be playing?

It holds 1M exp, right? If not, how much?

And anything else I should be aware of.

Thanks for any and all help, ~Dax.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

First, you should make sure you have the Penance Master Horn, not just a regular horn. You can get one by having level 5 in any role and talking to the Commander guy.

You fill the horn by completing waves while set on exp mode (NOT points mode). Under best conditions, getting a good amount of points per wave, it will take 10-12 full rounds (waves 1 through 10) to fill the horn fully. Some teams reset at wave 9 instead of wave 10 because the queen wave takes significantly more time, even though it gives the most potential. To get max points per wave, your healer needs to heal at least 513 life points; to achieve this, many teams have their collector collect 11 wrong eggs (50 damage each) at the start of early waves so the healer has someone to heal.

The record for waves 1 through 10 is something like 17 minutes, though 25-30 minutes per round would be a reasonable average.

The horn stores potential, not straight experience. A full horn nets you around 1.3m agility experience and slightly less (~1.1m) for Mining. That's total experience, not bonus experience. Also, note that the horn works based on exp, unlike brawling gloves which are based on repetitions. Therefore you don't need to worry about equipping and unequipping the horn while training like you would if you were using brawlers.

Try to find good teams through friends. W6 is also an adequate resource, but you must be very careful about picking teams. Generally, BA teams are more relaxed and accepting than Dungeoneering teams, but you still should check people on the highscores to make sure they have a decent level in their role before accepting them (2000 pts ~= level 5).

Using BA for agility is definitely worth it because it's more fun (for most people...) AND it boosts your exp rates. I also like using it for mining, though some would argue that it takes away potential experience from superheating ores as you mine them. I got to 92 agility and 91 mining from the mid-80s using a Penance Horn.

2496 Completionist