moon advice?

Lord-kain1

hey everyone with the pic im working on im trying to add a decent moon. I'm using photoshop and i have a nice glow effect going but idk its still seems a little flat, its a full moon. any one got any tips on how i can liven it up? cuz right now it just looks like a glowing circle.... lol

*update* i uploaded image of my scene i used a pic of the real moon its okay but .. bleh

thanks in advance

The newbie CGer,

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

If you're goin for realistic, look for a good moon texture and set it as another layer and then set the layer to something like darken. It'll probably still look flat, but if you're good with the mouse, you could burn the edges of the circle and make it look more three dimensional.

Or.. go outside at night and take a good picture of the moon, resize it, and set it as a layer over your other one, remove the area around the photographed moon and change the layer style/transparency until you get the one that matches your picture <- this one worked for me..

If you're pixeling, add some outlines of circles and dots to half of the moon =x

yea im pixeling; the real photo might look outa place hmm thanks for tips ill save it and toy with the ideas and see if i can get something decent; right now its little more then a colorfil

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

nightsky36ze.th.jpg

suggestions? im still not really happy with it thou im majorly rusty with photoshop... thats what i get for not using it in nearly 2 years lol

*wish it was like riding a bike*

LK1

it doesnt blend in to the style of the rest of the picture thats too realistic (still not that good....no offense) go for a more cartoony feel

line in mine i took harsh white blended with yellow. With a texture cropped on top of it. layers merged and filter>something>spherize. and added outerglow

test30rw.th.jpg

thanks everyone i think ill be settleing on this last one

Aldeon; no offence taken; i welcome constructive critics

i know its not the best thing in the world; ill revisit after i gain some skill. i have a few more "low expectation" drawing to do before i have to gain ability. I enjoy doing it and ive been redoing some tutorials; some of its coming back form 2 years ago but most of it isnt lol oh well i got time and i enjoy it so :)

thanks again everyone

LK1

I don't think this will help, BUT I will post it anyways

Just to give you some ideas.

nightskycopy7pm2zl.png

Yup...bad but hey I think its not bad for being a noob and having no artistic skills whatsoever

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it