Website Issues?

Excels

Today something seems wrong; once in a while I can't reach the forums and a good percentage of the time when I click one of the suggested items using the GE Centre "add item" box I get a HTTP 403.

Anyone know why this is happening?

I've been doing pings and tracerts; every couple pings all 4 packets time out.

We had some forum issues earlier today but as you can see they're fixed now. The HTTP 403 thing is because you're hitting the site too many times in X seconds, I'm going to try and reduce that happening now.

I just had dinner and came back, and the first thing I type "grimy irit" triggers a 403.

I'm guess because every single keystroke sends a packet for search suggestions, when I finally click the result I get a 403.

I suggest providing a way to disable search suggestions altogether, or at least increase the time threshold.

We had some forum issues earlier today but as you can see they're fixed now. The HTTP 403 thing is because you're hitting the site too many times in X seconds, I'm going to try and reduce that happening now.

I just had dinner and came back, and the first thing I type "grimy irit" triggers a 403.

I'm guess because every single keystroke sends a packet for search suggestions, when I finally click the result I get a 403.

I suggest providing a way to disable search suggestions altogether, or at least increase the time threshold.

I've literally just this minute added a 300 millisecond delay between you typing and it suggesting which should pretty much solve the issue unless you're a really slow typer.

I've literally just this minute added a 300 millisecond delay between you typing and it suggesting which should pretty much solve the issue unless you're a really slow typer.

Yay, thanks. Nice sig, too. How come this issue hasn't come up before?

EDIT: Why in Guthix's name do we have "Whiteberry seeds" and "White Berries"?! Surely we could standardize the spacing?

EDIT: Why in Guthix's name do we have "Whiteberry seeds" and "White Berries"?! Surely we could standardize the spacing?

I would imagine that we do it however Jagex does it. :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Yay, thanks. Nice sig, too. How come this issue hasn't come up before?

Tripsis is correct, it's how Jagex does them.

I would imagine that we do it however Jagex does it. :P

We usually ensure we do things exactly has Jagex does them in-game. Now, as for why they did it...well, they have a whole lot of logic flaws period.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Now the GE Centre is bugging out on me again. This is on the main page, not even the page with the search suggestions -.-

EDIT: Main GE Centre page is working, search suggestions no longer work.

EDIT2:

802d3234cb.png

Lovely. I was running rs with no lag while doing this.

Just because you were running RS doesn't mean there couldn't be a routing problem between you and the server.

Our web server doesn't respond to pings, so it's entirely normal for those requests to be timing out, it's also normal for requests to begin timing out in a tracert like that. Routers quite often drop packets which are non-important (ie. ICMP) which is what they're doing.

Search Suggestions are working for me. :/