Solo Merchanting?

Zoov

Okay, so I am the kind of person that has relatively high stats (low for these forums I guess) but not much money. I do not understand how people make 100m+ so quickly. And, since I understand basic economics and investing, or at least I think I do, I figure I may as well try solo merchanting. What I can't figure out is how people know what to buy. The only numbers are graphs...that's not much data at all. I feel like I'd be gambling. Real investing at least has some financial data to back it up.

So how can I look at a graph and know when to buy? If something is dropping, I could figure that it may undervalued, but maybe it is just falling. Today I was considering buying Zaros stuff because it will go up in price when the new GWD boss is released. I don't know. Please help!

Thanks.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

While finding an item, take special note of the waves on the graph. When an item is going down, it's most likely to turn around the same prices as the previous low points of the items, unless something happened of course, an update or similar.

Same applies on the tops of the waves. So generally speaking - you buy your items when you think they're just about to turn up again, and sell them right before you predict them to start falling again.

really, it's a whole science when you start talking about it, but pop in at http://forum.rune-tips.net/ and we'll give you a hand :)

(if this is considered advertising or something that's against the rules, forgive me and tell so I'll delete the link)

Rudyaard.png

rudyaard.png

Well, you're on the right track, at least, with the Zaros thinking. People get hundreds of millions of gp from major updates, like... Well, a major mage update would probably mean to buy deaths/bloods/etc. Not many people are going to be dressing up in Zaros stuff just because they announced a new GWD, though.

Paragon.png

So use the concept that in time, items return to their mean prices? If there are lots of waves I can expect the pattern to continue up and down? Okay.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

yeah. Take a look at the graph or rings of recoil. (look at the 90 day graph)

That's some beautiful waves, with great potential of great profits.

A general rule of the thumb would be that with an item with these kind of waves is that they usually bounce around their 30 day average graph; the blue one, however THERE ARE ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS.

As you can see (still on the 90 day graph), the price right now is about the lowest they go. Take a look at the 180 day graph, and you'll see it even clearer.

Now would be a great time buying into these as long as you get them around medium price, preferably below. If you need to offer max price, then it's too late, and they'll start climbing.

But really, check out our forums at runetips.net!

Join our CC, "rune tips cc" for questions and advice! :)

I'm on there right now, pleased to help :)

EDIT: my, my. They're coming in at med. I'd recommend jumping on some of these and keep them for 1-3 updates :razz:

Rudyaard.png

rudyaard.png

You can either go risky, and invest long term, hoping you are interpretting the given data (ge chart, behind the scenes) right

OR

You can flip, which is nearly risk free, but only offers about 0,5-2% profit per flip.

even with large cash piles you should be able to pull 3%...

You can either go risky, and invest long term, hoping you are interpretting the given data (ge chart, behind the scenes) right

OR

You can flip, which is nearly risk free, but only offers about 0,5-2% profit per flip.

even with large cash piles you should be able to pull 3%...

Last time I tried flipping something like armadyl armour, I was having trouble making more than 1%. Might have been unlucky though, I didn't persist very long.