Just started back... Where is the best place to train

SouthernSmoke

What/Where is the best/quickest way to gain combat training? I'm working on strength as of now. Also, what is the best weapon for training strength? I have 71 attack, but i'm broke now. However, I have 2 abyssal whips and a dragon hatchet. What weapon should I invest in?

When I did play, I trained on giant spiders in the dungeon of stronghold of security.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks, SS

I am assuming you are a member. Whips are still the best item to train combat with, unless you are willing to get a chaotic rapier from dungeoneering, which can take a little while.

For strength specifically though I guess you could try a dragon scimitar or Saradomin Sword, but I would personally just do controlled with a whip (and get a chaotic weapon when you can).

As to what to train on, slayer all the way. If you don't want to do slayer, you could always do Armored Zombies. They just get a little boring to me, and slayer makes combat a heck of a lot more interesting and fun.

Big_Stingman.png

As of now, I have dragon skirt (wish I had plate legs), med, boots, sq shield, dagger, bserker helm, & 1.5mil.

That's all I have pretty much. What is the best way to make money? I might sell some of my stuff for raw material, but I'm not sure. Should I invest in some raw material that I can make a profit off of? Any recommendations?

My stats:

statswc.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would use a Helm of Neitiznot instead of that d med. Pick up a dragon defender too, it is extremely worth it (Only one strength under a dragonfire shield, has offensive stats, and it's free!). Combine that with your current armor, some platebody (rune is still a cheap good alternative), a whip, and you will be covered. Try picking up an obsidian cape as well, as they are dirt cheap for the defensive stats they give.

If you would like to make money, try farming and doing any daily activities you have access to, as they can really add up over time (like Manage Thy Kingdom). You farming level is high enough to start doing herbs, which is where you will start making the money from farming. It only takes a few minutes, so do it.

Now as to what you can do for the main time you are playing RuneScape, do whatever you can stand/like to do. Making money is usually either combat or skilling. As for combat, again I recommend slayer, but you can also make money off of other things like ankou's, AZ's, dragons, etc.

If you are interested in skilling, pretty much any resource gathering skill will make you money, such as woodcutting, fishing, mining, etc.

About the investing part I really don't know all that much. I personally wait to sell my resources that I collect from MTK and other things until they peak in price, and then I sell them. I don't really merch though, which is what I believe you were suggesting. That is basically buy low/sell high. Look around for highly traded items on the GE and apply the previously stated principle by reading the graphs to determine when to buy items. Then sell it when you believe it has risen in price enough to be a profit. The longer you wait, the more in price it could go up, but that means it can also crash (so basically, risk vs profit). If it crashes, you can either hold onto it and let it rebound, or sell and cut your losses.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Big_Stingman.png

100k or so in the shop, you need to have the quest done though (Monkey Madness).

Get a black mask if you are slaying (15% attack and strength on task) and do Smoking Kills.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Usually Slayer is recommended if you are going to be training combat (might as well level multiple skills right?), but another option is you could kill flesh crawlers or ankous in the SOS those have some reasonable drops/xp and would be easy enough at your current levels/gear. Other then that the usual low leveled, high hp monsters: Rock Crabs, Yaks, Experiments etc...

P.S. Make sure you are doing some farming runs too!

aiel.png