Solo Maging Rex

SpikeStr1ke

I always find it funny to see these players with ridiculously nice stats asking about some basic things :P No offense.

Basically it depends on what you can afford/have/etc.

I use Guthans+SoL+Granite Shield. Cape can be a skill cape/god cape/SW Cape. Heal with guthans, bring a 2:1 Brew:Restore ratio with some super anti-poison potions. A turtle will last ya a while, bring 2 spare pouches as well. If you do not use a fury/glory, bring an Arcane Stream from Dungeoneering to increase your magick damage.

Fire Surge is the fastest. I've used Ice blitz/barrage before but you may run into issues if you do freeze him. Slayer dart works as well..but ultimately is weaker=slower=waste of time.

Other than that, look at the guide on Tip.It's main site and adjust from there. Once you get the feel of it you'll learn what setup is best for you.

If this is your first time, ALWAYS PRAY FROM MAGE. You will learn Supreme's and Prime's range and its better to play safe than sorry. Spot any white dots, make sure you are praying because you do not want to die down there.

EDIT: Also, it might be worthwhile to bring a unicorn+scrolls instead.

soulthresher.png

I always find it funny to see these players with ridiculously nice stats asking about some basic things :P No offense.

I use Guthans+SoL+Granite Shield. Cape can be a skill cape/god cape/SW Cape. Heal with guthans, bring a 2:1 Brew:Restore ratio with some super anti-poison potions. A turtle will last ya a while, bring 2 spare pouches as well. If you do not use a fury/glory, bring an Arcane Stream from Dungeoneering to increase your magick damage.

Fire Surge is the fastest. I've used Ice blitz/barrage before but you may run into issues if you do freeze him. Slayer dart works as well..but ultimately is weaker=slower=waste of time.

Other than that, look at the guide on Tip.It's main site and adjust from there. Once you get the feel of it you'll learn what setup is best for you.

If this is your first time, ALWAYS PRAY FROM MAGE. You will learn Supreme's and Prime's range and its better to play safe than sorry. Spot any white dots, make sure you are praying because you do not want to die down there.

It is kinda funny, i've only been to dk's one time and that ended up really bad with only 1 rex kill before i got piled by supreme and prime. At that time though i was low mage and melee's/hp with no experience. I have guthan's and a SOL to use and i can easily get a g shield if needed. I planned to use Fire Surge and im looking over the tip.it dk's guide right now, Thank you for the advice :) I wasnt sure if i should go with Tort then summon uni afterwords or what. Is there any replacement for brews:Rests? im pretty bad at remembering to restore after 3/4 brew sips lol

Spikestr1ke.png

It is kinda funny, i've only been to dk's one time and that ended up really bad with only 1 rex kill before i got piled by supreme and prime. At that time though i was low mage and melee's/hp with no experience. I have guthan's and a SOL to use and i can easily get a g shield if needed. I planned to use Fire Surge and im looking over the tip.it dk's guide right now, Thank you for the advice :) I wasnt sure if i should go with Tort then summon uni afterwords or what. Is there any replacement for brews:Rests? im pretty bad at remembering to restore after 3/4 brew sips lol

If you want, I could hybrid for ya for a bit while you practice on Rex if you plan on solo mage. If you have something with better range defense than granite, take that instead.

soulthresher.png

Other than obby shield i dont have any other shields. Thats sounds good, i'll have to get all my stuff together then we can go =]

I have to run an errand in an hour and halfish so I won't be ready till roughly 2 hrs :(

Obby shield is just as good, same stats but +5 str and no need to buy anything.

soulthresher.png

kk sounds like a plan :) Im still wondering tho if there is anything i can sub for brews & rests as im not very good at using them. atm this is my setup

Guthans helm

Guthans legs

guthans top

Dragon boots

Barrows Gloves

Ardy Cloak 3 (dont have sw cape yet)

Staff of Light

Obby shield

Ring of Life (just until i get comfortable down there)

Spikestr1ke.png

kk sounds like a plan :) Im still wondering tho if there is anything i can sub for brews & rests as im not very good at using them. atm this is my setup

Guthans helm

Guthans legs

guthans top

Dragon boots

Barrows Gloves

Ardy Cloak 3 (dont have sw cape yet)

Staff of Light

Obby shield

Ring of Life (just until i get comfortable down there)

If you bring a BoB familiar, you could probably stock up on sharks/rocktails because while maging, you shouldn't take too much damage to be honest. Heal with guthans and only use food if you must.

soulthresher.png

@Soul, k i'll take a war tort with rocktails, any suggestions on my invo setup? should i take my ee with me?

@Blade, atm i cant afford infinity so would s[bleep]y or blk mystic boots work?

Yes, an EE would be a free shark every 5 minutes+super def potion as well. You should bring enough anti-poison doses to last an hour or so, possibly more. A decent ratio of 2:1 for brews if you plan on using them at all. My invo alternates every trip because I have change setups every so often.

The guide on tip.it should give a jist of what you're trying to get.

EDIT: Mystic boots should work as well

soulthresher.png