Opei's Guide to Barrow Tunnels

opeious

The guide is not responsible for any losses you incur if you some how manage to get your self killed while barrowing (anyway with the new 15min grave, death is not much of an issue).

This guide will only contain methods to do the tunnels properly, not the whole minigame, to learn how to play barrows or for a more general guide check out the Tip It Barrow Guide

Table of Contents

1 Introduction

2 Recognizing your current location

3 Remember your exit rope location

4 Doors

5 Door Combinations

6 Solving the tunnels

7 Chest Door

8 Puzzle

9 The Loot

1) Introduction

The following is a map of the tunnels.

tunnels.gif

You will be randomly assigned any of the 4 ladder(rope) spots and will get a random combination of unlocked doors (not that random, about 4-5 possible combination mainly)

2) Recognizing your current location

The minimap is hidden from the used thus, it is important to recognize your current location, click on the compass near the minimap this will align your local north to the absolute north (reset your map to default in english :P ) , then rotate map till you see the chest at the center, this should not take more than 5 secs. this will tell you about your current location.recog.png

From the above map it is clear that it represents this: currentloc.png

unless you are directionally challenged

3) Remember your exit rope location

This step is very important if you get lost a lot in the tunnels, just make a mental note of whether its a NE, NW, SW or SE rope.

4) Doors

Differentiating b/w a openable and non openable door, openable doors have a left click option, on the other hand unopenable doors don't have a left click option and only an examine option when right clicked

doors.png

5) Door combinations

The 4 combinations given belowo are the most common ones, with 1 being the easiest and taking the shortest time to complete, and 3 being the longest possible tunnel route (3 and 1 are the most common tunnels that I get)

Assuming rope was at SE corner

combos.png

6) Solving the tunnels

Sometimes you don't get one of the above mentioned tunnels or you just don't want to remember their solutions (meh my brain does them automatically after so many barrow chests lol), this is the route you should take when solving the tunnels. The eye icon represents pauses where you stop and check whether the puzzle gate in the adjacent room is openable or not, if it is openable you switch your path to the new one which leads to the puzzle gate, also assuming the SE rope is the entrace and the S and the W doors are unopenable

final.png

side1.png

7) Chest Door

Almost there, you have reached the puzzle gate, just 1 step from the puzzle gate, no creature will be able to attack you apart from the one which is already attacking you, so kill it / freeze it, proceed with the puzzle

invisible.png

8) Puzzle

It won't be a puzzle gate without a puzzle would it :lol: , take your time, don't rush it, because if you answer it wrong the whole catacombs resets (not the rope though), I have posted all the possible puzzles and their answers (credits: runewiki)

Barrow_door_puzzle_3.jpg

Barrow_door_puzzle_1.jpg

Barrow_door_puzzle_2.jpg

The_Barrows_picture.png

9) The Loot

Take your goodies, after years of barrowing I have realized anything more than a 0 or 1 KC is waste of time, just make sure all the 6 brothers are dead (killing 2 spawns of the same brother also doesn't effect drops)

All this including killing all 6 brothers should take no longer than 5-7 mins (1 overload dose for those like me who like to waste a lot of money :P )

Sample Loot:

barrows5.png

barrows4-1.png

barrows2.png

barrow3-1.png

10) Getting back Out

Nothing much to tell you here, if you remember where you came in from or the route you took, well and good. If you don't no problem just follow the white route from the center towards other side, it should lead you out or If you are out of supplies tele.

Remember always use the side tunnels when leaving, since the rooms which the side tunnels skip don't have the exit rope anyway

final.png

Constructive criticism appreciated :smile:

tipitend.png

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

I was skeptical of another barrows guide. Suffice it to say I was pleasantly surprised. Might be just my comp but some of the images didn't load all the way, just the top third shows up. I'll check back later to see if its me.

Ty :thumbsup:

btw, I checked the guide up on another computer, the images take some time to load but they are working fine.

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

Its faster, since opening doors one by one takes more time than just simply running through the outside corridors, and you should be spying while you are running btw

Opeious.pngopei.png

informative guide, but the barrows tunnels is sorta straightforward

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

wanted my 1st guide to be something simple, but not something that already has 500k guides on it =)

Opeious.pngopei.png