An extra option when purchasing from General Stores.

Mystic_Jupe

While I believe the options for buying from General Stores are ok as they are, I also believe an extra option would make purchasing items alittle easier for repeated buyers like myself. I tend to purchase many items in bulk and choose to purchase from the General Stores than from other players. However, I am only able to purchase what my inventory is able to allow, and I am required to visit a bank repeatedly. Now, I understand this is not a huge problem as I am very used to this process (with mining/woodcutting/etc), however, since it is my intention to purchase many of the same item (totalling over 100-1000 on many occasions) with my own gold, the only solution I could think of would be this one.

My idea is to add an extra option to buy the items as bank notes. This would create the ability to purchase as many of the same item as a person would wish without the need to constantly visit a bank to deposit the item. EDIT: They would keep the system of purchasing in 1, 5, and 10 amounts. You can't just buy them all in one click. This is labeled in red because some ppl don't understand this.

I need some feedback on this as this seems like a good idea to myself and to individuals I have presented this to, but I need to know if there would be any (major) faults. Thanks.

Maybe if it was general stores only yeah.. When you add it to the rune shop and arrows and stuff people would just hop and buy EVERYTHING and sell it for high price on world 1..

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Keep it to General Stores only. There would be users learning to abuse this somehow in regular shops :roll: .

But, to counterargue...arrows/runes are already stackable, it wouldn't affect them. You aren't able to place them into bank notes anyway. :wink:

Ive wanted that, aswell as Buy X. Its annoying when you try to buy 1000 arrows from a shop just 10 at a time :x

"Buy X" would be helpfull in given situations, but I'm not totally sure it would be entirely fair. I agree, its annoying to buy in 10 amounts, but then again, I wouldn't want some * buying all the arrows/runes I'm searching for at the moment just as I open the window in the shop. :evil:

Ive wanted that, aswell as Buy X. Its annoying when you try to buy 1000 arrows from a shop just 10 at a time :x

you'd like that...but everyone would always buy. there would litterally be no arrows.

same with rune store

Look, do you know why they don't allow "buy all" or something like that? Because, if you noticed, the price of an item changes when its quantity changes, so they really can't allow you to buy all for the same price: only a small amount at a time, so the price can change to suit supply and demand.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Theres no buying as notes for a reason, every one would just go to the general store buy 30k willows switch to members and fletch them, would be stupid.

Ahem. Isn't a person entitled to use their gold as they please though?

Seriously. If a person wishes to spend their money on massive amounts of logs, ores, or w/e, shouldn't they be able too? It isn't as if itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s suddenly for free and everyone is taking the items from the general store to do as they please. Someone sold them to the General Store in the first place. It isn't like they just appeared there. Also to add, you would still only buy in 1, 5, 10, increments. It would still take awhile to buy your example of 30k willows. You wouldn't be able to just buy them all in one click. It just skips the step of depositing the items in a bank only to return to the store and purchase more. Personally, I'd love to be able to buy w/e I wish without the step of running to a bank to deposit and run back to the store when my intent is to spend MY gold on w/e I want. People are allowed to trade bank notes anyhow so why not add it to the General Store?

Someone mentioned something about how it was annoying to sell like 3k bows or something like that. Selling so sooo fast if you know how to bulk sell. this works for me on the 2 computers that i have played RS on.

Take the item that you are selling. put it in the second to the bottom row of your inventory. now right click and position your mouse so that after you click sell 10... it is over the item. so all you have to do it right click left click. if you are really good you can see the general store go up in 20's or 30's due to lag. If this doesnt make sense ask for more detail.

Someone mentioned something about how it was annoying to sell like 3k bows or something like that. Selling so sooo fast if you know how to bulk sell. this works for me on the 2 computers that i have played RS on.

Take the item that you are selling. put it in the second to the bottom row of your inventory. now right click and position your mouse so that after you click sell 10... it is over the item. so all you have to do it right click left click. if you are really good you can see the general store go up in 20's or 30's due to lag. If this doesnt make sense ask for more detail.

Interesting technique. I myself am more of a bulk buyer than a bulk seller, but I'll keep your technique in mind next time I sell in bulk to a store.

Your mentioning of selling also brings up another point for me to argue. You can sell items as bank notes the store, but you can't purchase items as bank notes. :?

my little tid bits. it will half make sense.

No matter what way people buy there will always be people that do not support it. its impossible to make everyone happy.

i would like to buy in bulk even though i do not do it too often. they should make an option to choose to buy in noted or item form just like banks.

if you made it so you could by above 10 it would throw the RS economy around. the only time you could buy from stores if you had buy X is when they reset the stores like give the stores more runes and such. as far as when you buy and the prices change dont they automatically chrage you the difference when the price changes? (I.E. when i buy rune arrowheads the price goes up dramatically from each 10 i buy. 10gp difference if you buy in singles. i thought that i got charged automatically for that difference). and they can easily code the game to auto charge.

Even a small change like buying in notes will hugely effect the whole economy. just think the only difference between buy X and buy 10 is time. you can still buy those 30k logs but it will just take a lot longer. But is still many many times faster than buying and banking then buying...

one thing that i just thought of. Nat Crafting. if someone stacks the gen store for their runners then a ess theif can just jack all the runes and make a nice haul of sometimes thousands of ess for cheap.

there are reasons why jagex hasnt done this and their are reasons why. I hope i addressed some of both.

I just lost my train of thought every so often.. I am crafting coifs and you can only make 10 at a time. BTW they need to throw in a craft all or X to the crafting menu.