Away for 2+ years, where should i start

aceripper

Hey-oh!

Just come back after a good few years away from Runescape, would like your guys opinions on what I should do now that im back.

I used to enjoy doing barrows, i also used to tank avianses for addy bars, has anything changed about these I should know about?

Also, what should I be doing to make money, obviously i can make double natures with 95 rc, but people tell me thats not profitable anymore, I dont have alot of cash, so some good money making tips that I can do with my current skills would be muuuuch appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

ix_lexi_ix.png

For starters, you should be doing some quests (just to get back into the hang of the game)

A lot has changed since then and doing some quests should get you reacquainted to the landscape.

You're right in that RC isn't very good money making anymore.

Some money making ideas:

-Farming (get juju potions - read up on herblore habitat, and farm herbs)

for now, stick to ranarrs and save the juju's for later

-Manage Thy Kingdom (MTK) - just stick 9 in maples + 6 in coal? That seems to be the general consensus at the moment although 10/5 probably won't hurt either

-Dailies

Some other things you should get started on:

-Do Tears of Guthix and level up DG (dungeoneering)

-Use your lamps on DG

You want this at a moderately high level before you start (maybe 25-30 sounds like a good starting point)

DG has some amazing rewards:

for starters -

scroll of life/cleansing

arcane stream necklace

chaotic weaponry

unlocking some pretty beast prayers

capt%20kevin.png

If you dont know OLD WILDY IS BACK!! :thumbsup:

AND, The RoWealth got an update with a whole new list of stuff, so whenever your killing stuff I reccomend using this.

As you said, you could go RC but the cash is not as great as it use to be.. but the option is always there.

If you have enough cash I would buy a cannon, some cannonballs, and a glory. Go kill green dragons in the new revenant cave (Use glory to bank/tele incase of pkers).

And.. like a lot of people say, go slay some stuff (Makesure to use RoW for drops).

Like you also posted, get some cash from other methods and then buy some tanking gear and go camp Avaiansies.

Hope I helped

2cscsia.png]

Dungeoneering is probably where you should start. You're right, double nats aren't that good any more. At the moment, Frost Dragons are pretty much the best way to make cash, 2M an hour with a War Tortoise and over 3-4M with a Pack Yak. So I'd go grind your way to 85 Dungeoneering and get a Chaotic weapon, which are pretty much the best weapons around.

iLuxucs.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

At above, flipping is the best way to make money, Frost dragons, DKS, Bandos and Nex GWD are the best stable reliable moneymakers.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

-Manage Thy Kingdom (MTK) - just stick 9 in maples + 6 in coal? That seems to be the general consensus at the moment although 10/5 probably won't hurt either

Just a note: The game only records the amount of money used and the approval rating. So you could keep your money in as long as you want, and when you feel like taking your items out, you can just look up a calculator and look up what's most profitable for that moment. Then put your workers on those sectors. Good tactic in case a surprise bxp or update pops up that changes the prices.

Thank you so much for all the tips, they will really help!

Do you guys reckon barrows is still profitable? As I enjoyed doing it before I left..

Also, how hard/expensive/long does it take to get to 85 dung?

Barrows is still very profitable if you have luck and do it the right way with the right stats. Try to look up some of my older posts in Barrow threads by searching them. It should cover most of the best methods. Profits 2-10 mil/hr depending on luck and method.

I'm not sure at all on Dung, but i reckon it is 80-100 hours depending on efficiency.

Edit: WOOP WOOP post #1,111

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody