Slow internet

Goldenjkered

I've been having problems with my internet the past four or so days. Going on a web browser either results in it taking ages to get to the page most of the time, or me having to refresh the page a couple of times to get to the page. On games there is noticable lag and my Ipod Touch cannot connect to youtube or safari (or other internet service) most of the time. The Ipod thing made me think that this is a router/direct internet problem rather than a computer problem. I have phoned my ISP but they said there is nothing wrong there end. Any help?

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

You're out in the countryside (I assume, what with the closest server being milton keynes/newbury) and the internet can be slower out there. All I can really suggest is completely unplugging your router + modem and plugging em back in. Check you haven't changed any settings around in the router/modem settings.

Also, if you're with Tiscali, I don't know if they rent out lines from BT or something, so BT could be doing maintenance on their lines.. although Tiscali would probably know about that.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

• 2 weeks later...

Try adjusting the setting of the browser you use. Some browsers set caps on requests and options such as that. Go to google and look up "how to speed up firefox" or "how to speed up internet explorer" there is one tutorial for firefox that significantly increases the speed at which web pages load. There is one for internet explorer that gives you step by step instruction to modifying your registry to change settings that also results in a huge difference in loading different web pages. Let us know if that helps at all.

Contact Information:

• 2 weeks later...

hi ,

same thing happened with me as i was using Utorrent(meu torrent), my internet speed was sucked off by it.

I uninstalled it and my speed was regained.

i would suggest uninstalling extra browsers, softwares(u torrent, bit comet, veoh,etc.)

and then see the results,.

happy to help if worked or else sorry.