Musical 30 day challenge

RpgGamer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=Previous Days]

1. Star Guitar, by the Chemical Brothers.

2. Teenage Dirtbag, by Wheatus.

3. Rot in the Sun, by Presidents of the United States of America.

[/hide]

[hide=Day 4]

[/hide]

Blood on the Motorway, by DJ Shadow. Not so much a sad song, but I link it to some worse times.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Day 4: Song that makes you sad: There's a handful of songs out there that make me sad, but this one in particular gets me for some reason. I know everyone hates on Nickelback, but ya'll can shove it, because hating them is mainstream. And they were once a very respectable band. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0DU4DoPP4

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Day two: A song I hate.

This song puts me in a terrible mood. I can't explain why, I just hate the tune, the lyrics, and the video.

[spoiler=Previous days]

Day 1: Favorite song

Great, I'm already stuck at the first day. There's many songs that I absolutely love, but because I don't want to go with a depressing song (I really like ballads and depressing songs, it seems), I'll pick

by the Raconteurs, a nice upbeat song. Other songs on the shortlist, which may be more deserving from an objective point of view were
(Metallica),
(Slipknot) and
(Eric Clapton), among others. The thing that really pushed me over the edge is that Salute Your Solution really got me into indie/garage/alternative rock, that and the fact that I didn't want to list a sad song as my favorite.

Day 2: Least favorite song.

The one that came to mind at first was Friday (Rebecca Black), but thinking a bit further brought me to

by the Scissor Sisters. I've hated this song ever since it came out and the fact that it was played so much just made it worse.

Day 3: A song that makes me happy.

There are many songs that make me happy, but I think my favorite out of those is

by the Beatles. Other songs on this shortlist:
(the Fratellis),
(My Chemical Romance) and
(the Raconteurs).

Day 4: A song that makes me sad.

Didn't take me long to find this one:

by Slipknot.

Day 5: A song that reminds me of someone

by Bryan Adams. The story behind it: someone I knew (not a great friend, but a friend nonetheless) played the drums, when I came over to his house he told me he could drum this song and then went on drumming to this song. Ever since, I've always thought of him whenever this song comes up lol.

Day 5 - A Song that Remind Me of Someone: This one was pretty difficult. I usually don't put faces to songs; most of the time I remember songs based on memories of events or things, but not people. But if I had to choose one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkUQ-OBazbc

I first heard of Vampire Weekend because of my sister. She started playing Contra, and this was my favorite song on there and the one I most remember with this memory. So, I suppose it fits.

[hide=Past days' choices]

Day 1 - Favorite Song: The Cave by Mumford and Sons

Day 2 - Least Favorite Song: We R Who We R by Ke$ha

Day 3 - Song that Inspires Happiness: Rhythm of Love by Plan White T's

Day 4 - Song that Makes Me Sad: Malfoy's Mission by Nicholas Hooper

[/hide]

1icyna.png

Day 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsO6ZnUZI0g

I fell in love to this song about 4 or 5 years ago. I think of her everytime I hear it. Ah, to be a highschool sweet heart again.

Day 6: a song that reminds you of somewhere...They play this song at every wedding at the catering hall I work at. Not a bad song, and I think of work everytime I hear it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVESzTCqc50

[hide=Previous Days]1. Star Guitar, by the Chemical Brothers.

4. Blood on the Motorway, by DJ Shadow.

[/hide]

Day 5: The Test, by the Chemical Brothers.

Boring story, perhaps, but it reminds me of my girlfriend and especially the first night I spent with her knowing that I wanted her to be mine. :3

#rpgformod

[spoiler=Previous days]Day 1: Favorite song

Great, I'm already stuck at the first day. There's many songs that I absolutely love, but because I don't want to go with a depressing song (I really like ballads and depressing songs, it seems), I'll pick

by the Raconteurs, a nice upbeat song. Other songs on the shortlist, which may be more deserving from an objective point of view were
(Metallica),
(Slipknot) and
(Eric Clapton), among others. The thing that really pushed me over the edge is that Salute Your Solution really got me into indie/garage/alternative rock, that and the fact that I didn't want to list a sad song as my favorite.

The one that came to mind at first was Friday (Rebecca Black), but thinking a bit further brought me to

by the Scissor Sisters. I've hated this song ever since it came out and the fact that it was played so much just made it worse.

There are many songs that make me happy, but I think my favorite out of those is

(the Fratellis),
(the Raconteurs).

by Slipknot.

by Bryan Adams. The story behind it: someone I knew (not a great friend, but a friend nonetheless) played the drums, when I came over to his house he told me he could drum this song and then went on drumming to this song. Ever since, I've always thought of him whenever this song comes up lol.

Day 6: A song that reminds me of somewhere

by Fatboy Slim. Reminds me of home, but not in the nostalgic sense. I used to bike with my iPod a lot in the summer and always put my iPod on shuffle while biking. Every time I came home this song would come up on the shuffle playlist.

Day three: A song that makes me happy.

So many good memories I associate with that song. I can't listen to it without feeling warm inside, I love it.

5. The Test, by the Chemical Brothers.

[/hide]

Day 6: Every Day is Exactly the Same, by Nine Inch Nails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Aj9_8t1eQc

Reminds me of my mum's place, all I listened to over a week staying there.

#rpgformod

Day 6 - A Song That Reminds Me of a Place: This song reminds me of San Diego when I went there on vacation last spring break. The song played when in this (really good) pizza place that we ate at. I had not heard this song in forever, and it got stuck in my head for the rest of the vacation. It's one of my favorites :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fcRa5Z6LmU

Day 5 -Song that Reminds Me of Someone: Horchata by Vampire Weekend

[/hide]

1icyna.png

Day 6, a song that reminds you of somewhere - Float On, by Modest Mouse. Reminds me of Brisbane in general, really. Me and some friends drove down there over the holidays, and this song was on my friend's iPod (which was hooked up to the car speakers). There were a lot of other ones, but this is the one that stuck in my head. And kicked off my love of Modest Mouse. I suppose the more suitable reminder would be my friend's car in Brisbane, actually, har.

[spoiler=Video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTAud5O7Qqk

Day 7, a song that reminds you of an event - Technologic, by Daft Punk. First time getting drunk, har. It didn't end well. D:

[spoiler=Video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtdWHFwmd2o

Day 8, a song that you know all the words to - The Greatest Pac-Man Victory In History, by Aesop Rock. You have no idea how proud I am of this.

[spoiler=Video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUBT56dOch4

Day 9, a song that you can dance to - Invincible, by OK Go. Not very well, but I can dance to it all the same.

[spoiler=Video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mItuZ8i4wH8

Day 10, a song that makes you fall asleep - The Moments In Between, by The Reign of Kindo. Spectacular musicians.

[spoiler=Video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUPILO5ycqg

[spoiler=Previous days.]Day 1 - Yes! Yes! Yes! by Hey Rosetta!

Day 2 - Brand New Car, by Jackie Valentine.

Day 3 - Anything For You, by Ludo.

Day 4 - Guarantees, by Atmosphere.

Day 5 - Whistle For The Choir, by The Fratellis.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Day 5: Someone (Because I didn't find one yesterday)

I took an art class years ago, the teacher played this song every Friday. Not going to find a better version, I'm assuming there aren't many people in the western world that haven't heard it.

Day 6: Somewhere

Of a friend's house.

Day 7: song that reminds you of an event;

I remember September of 2001, and basically the next few months of that school year not because of 9/11, but because they played this song on the announcements everyday thereafter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3S7mlRYL-8

Day 7 - A Song that Reminds Me of an Event: This song was played at the end of Super Bowl XLV during the Packers victory promo. Hearing it brings me back to that glorious night :shades:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiQppszlXrg

Here's the short video that aired after the Super Bowl with 1901 playing. <3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYQCt9l0bzg

Day 6 - Song that Reminds Me of a Place: The Zephyr Song by Red Hot Chili Peppers

[/hide]

1icyna.png

[spoiler=Previous days][spoiler=Days 1-5]Day 1: Favorite song

(Metallica),
(Slipknot) and

(the Fratellis),
(the Raconteurs).

by Slipknot.

Day 6: A song that reminds me of somewhere

by Fatboy Slim. Reminds me of home, but not in the nostalgic sense. I used to bike with my iPod a lot in the summer and always put my iPod on shuffle while biking. Every time I came home this song would come up on the shuffle playlist.

Day 7: A song that reminds me of an event

by Infected Mushroom. It reminds me of a particularly fun gaming session I had with my friends, with this song playing.

5. The Test, by the Chemical Brothers.

6. Every Day is Exactly the Same, by Nine Inch Nails.

[/hide]

Ooo. Missed 7.

Day 7: Watching Airplanes, by Gary Allen.

Reminds me of my mum's wedding. She likes country music, my brother hated this song, so it was played a lot.

Day 8: What sort of question is this? I know all the words to a lot of songs. But I suppose I'm happy I know the words to Certified, by Diverse.

#rpgformod

Day 8: A song you know all the words too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xrq6nFGIMw

After listening to this song on repeat for like a week, I kind of picked it up lol

Day 8 - A Song that I know all the words to: Multiple songs could be chosen, but I'll go with this one. I absolutely love I'm Yours. It's the perfect song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkHTsc9PU2A

Day 6 - Song that Reminds Me of a Place: The Zephyr Song by Red Hot Chili Peppers

Day 7 - Song that Reminds Me of an Event: 1901 by Phoenix

[/hide]

1icyna.png