Deflection Skin Bugged

Only does it on deflection but certain pages are utterly bugged in that they have no style elements at all (even all the positioning is wrong)

It does this on the start a topic page, report a post page and any forum (as in gen discussion, h&A not an actual thread); yet on other pages (homepage, reply etc) its fine.

No other skin seems to be doing this and it doesn't appear system or browser related (same issue occurs on my pc in ff and ie and on my mac in ff and safari)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Seems to be working fine for me. I'd try clearing your cache, remember stylesheets are now coming from the cdn rather then the forum server itself.

Although we're probably on a different cdn server so maybe there's actually something wrong with the one serving your area.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Since each skin uses 1 single style sheet a problem with the style sheet wuldnt really explain some pages being 0 style and others being perfect. Things like bg colour and font colour are universally to all pages afterall. And I cleared cache when it first happened to no avail.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

When did it start? Any chance in a screenshot? Does it happen all the time or randomly?

I'm no good with this stuff but I assume Peter would probably want to know the above.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It started yesterday and it happens every time on specific pages. As covered above.

Specifically so far, viewing ANY forum. Threads work fine and so does the homepage but forums turn out as pictured below.

Report a thread and start a new topic also do it.

The homepage, inside threads and reply all load fine.

unled1sn.jpg

unled2ha.jpg

unled3s.jpg

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Since each skin uses 1 single style sheet a problem with the style sheet wuldnt really explain some pages being 0 style and others being perfect. Things like bg colour and font colour are universally to all pages afterall. And I cleared cache when it first happened to no avail.

That's not necessarily true, there are several different stylesheets involved.

polvCwJ.gif

Oh and all the ones u can see gone purple in first pic work fine too, gallery, blogs and tracker too (dunno why cache not turned them purple); only anomaly is "account problem" loads with the tip.it theme rather than deflection.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

True but anyone with any coding sense, which the tip.it admins have, are not going to put a style factor used universally by all pages in a stylesheet tht isn't applied to all pages.

eg the background colour, basic table/div colours, tab graphics and default font colours are used by all pages and as such would probably by in a single style sheet that all pages use; while other stylesheets for page specific features are called up by pages. Since tip.it coders aren't foolish its safe to say lack of ALLL style features isn't a style sheet issue.

Just doesn't seem likely given tht some pages work and others don't and its not even like it could be cached pages work since the pages tht r mucking up arent pages i nvr visisted before and i've done a cache clearence.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

True but anyone with any coding sense, which the tip.it admins have, are not going to put a style factor used universally by all pages in a stylesheet tht isn't applied to all pages.

eg the background colour, basic table/div colours, tab graphics and default font colours are used by all pages and as such would probably by in a single style sheet that all pages use; while other stylesheets for page specific features are called up by pages. Since tip.it coders aren't foolish its safe to say lack of ALLL style features isn't a style sheet issue.

Just doesn't seem likely given tht some pages work and others don't and its not even like it could be cached pages work since the pages tht r mucking up arent pages i nvr visisted before and i've done a cache clearence.

Firstly. The admins didn't write the software for this forum so it has nothing to do with them. Secondly - there could be multiple stylesheets handling different elements that are combined together. I agree with you, however, that it probably isn't a stylesheet issue (after seeing the images).

polvCwJ.gif

They do write the styles though, or at least get them from decent sources.

I do know how forums run, been here long enough, on good enough speaking terms with a fair few admins had a "sneak peak" as it were in my brief stint as website crew and run the coding side of things of my clans forum.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The admins don't write the stylesheets lol. If you "know how forums run" then you'd know that all the styles used on this forum are either IPB defaults or purchased from a style designer. It's an irrelevant point anyway.

polvCwJ.gif

The admins don't write the stylesheets lol. If you "know how forums run" then you'd know that all the styles used on this forum are either IPB defaults or purchased from a style designer. It's an irrelevant point anyway.

Well IIRC Sy was staff before he IPB switch-over so things may have been different back then, not too sure though. This is getting a bit off topic though. I'm sure Peter will be along at some point soon with an answer to the problem.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Well IIRC Sy was staff before he IPB switch-over so things may have been different back then, not too sure though. This is getting a bit off topic though. I'm sure Peter will be along at some point soon with an answer to the problem.

I did also say "or got for a decent source" which kinda nullifys this whole little tangent.

And yeah it was pre-IPB; but my clan was IPB b4 we moved to zeta so I'm familiar with ipb admin systems.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It wasn't different before then. I'm well aware that the admins have the ability to edit style sheets, but they don't do so regularly here.

I'm inclined to say the problem is on your side. Since we started using the CDN just because it's working for me doesn't mean it's going to work for everyone, but I haven't heard of anyone else in the UK area having this problem. Peter will know in more detail exactly which CDN server you're grabbing stylesheets from and will hopefully be able to help you more.

polvCwJ.gif

Given that you seem to be the only one having this problem, I am also inclined to think that it is something on your end. I'll let Peter know and see what his thoughts are.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog