My (Light hearted) attempts at creating videos

MurrayRS

Heyy everyone, thought I'd test my amazing video editing skills out :shades:

This is was first attempt at editing a video, looking back there's a few mistake..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g54vUuKNZ2o

I also tried to edit a few rare items into a drop party I hosted yesterday but it didn't go very well.. lol. Here's the attempt anyway -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uw7xAuQ-g4

Any advice would be good, is there an easier way to edit them? At the moment I've been placing screenshots over the video but it's hard to perfect it.

Thanks! Any ideas for future videos are welcome :thumbsup:

That seems like a pretty good set up, but i would would get a copy of Adobe Photoshop for better quality and more convenient editing.

When you use photoshop you can make transparent pictures of items that are easier to place where they belong to.

Sony Vegas is pretty much the best, understandable movie editor, so stay with that. And i think your screen recorder is more than sufficient.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

As far as actual editing goes, you should zoom in on the timeline more, so you get the fake images to appear at exactly the right frame. If you do that, it's quite easy to get the image to appear/disappear at precisely the right time, making it less obvious that it was edited in.

Also, I noticed some colors were off, such as the GE results window (blue phat slot was darker) - Use a filter to correct the color, or better yet, get the image at the right color in the first place. Hint: To fake a completed GE offer, all you actually needed to add was the green bar (and I guess you also had to change the text in this case).

Now, when your mouse disappears under the fake objects, we know they were faked in. So instead, you should get an image of your mouse cursor (change it to a simpler theme or use RS cursors before recording if that helps) and make that appear in place of the real cursor whenever it gets covered (you'll also have to animate its motion of course). You could also do a fake rightclick menu so we don't know you were just dropping fish :roll:

Stuff like fonts and fake kits may also help. You can see some RS fonts I made here, and some of my fake kits for cursors and things here.

Dunno why I'm helping you trick people, but good luck I guess? Hopefully you'll find more creative (less trollish) uses for editing in the future :razz:

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)