Total Trade Count

Leoo

I was just flicking through the Database and I was wondering does are the 'Total Trade Count' figures counted per individual trade or how many of that item has been traded over? For example, the Fire and Nature runes have the highest traded items stating a 1.2b count, does that mean 1.2b trades have been made or 1.2b of the runes have been traded over. I know this is a rather stupid question and I doubt all trades since RuneScape has existed has reached a billion but just something that pickles me when I think about it.

Thanks in advance,

Leoo

It is traded, and keep in mind that a single rune can be traded several times a day because of merching middlemen.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Those guys covered it but I'm intrigued as to why you doubt there's been a billion trades since rs began?

Rs has been up for 10 years (well over 10 now but work with 10)

Merchants existed very early on.

Merchants, the good ones at least, can make ~100 trades in a day.

So thats 10m days worth of good merching for 1bil trades

Assuming there atleast 10,000 good merchants, thats 1,000 days collectively for 1 bil trades.

Accounting for the 2 leap years (04 and 08) rs has been up for 3651 days.

That doesn't even account for worse merchants, better merchants and average players trading.

Safe to say rs surpassed 1bil trades long ago, its almost statistically impossible that it hasn't.

Especially when you look further into the ge graphs and see in 180 days 23.7bil nature runes have been traded; that alone has got to be atleast 1mil trades (works out to 2.3mil trades if u assume 1 trade is 10k runes) and thats jsut 1 item in ~1/2 a year

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue