Calvinball

sees_all1

calvin.gif

Changing the rules for this because I feel like it, and to make it easier to play.

Post a rule for the person below you.

E.g.

Next post must be underlined.

Next post must have no vowels

NP mst b m04r th4n 40 ch4r4ct3rs

Next post must include a smiley.

[hide=old rules]This game is a mixture of Whose Line Is It Anyway (the points don't matter), and Calvinball (least organized sport ever). Every time you post, make up a new rule on how to calculate the points for your post and every post afterward. Calculate your point value, and put it at the bottom of your post. Rules can be made up about anything, and the order that you apply the rules goes from oldest rule to most recent.

The actual winner of this game is determined by the user that calculates the point values of their most posts correctly. The 5 posts before you are fair game for correcting - if you correct someone before you, you get their post.

Game rules:

Rules must contain a conditional that would reasonably affect at least 2 and no more than 8 of the next 10 posts afterwards. (This is to make sure that everyone's score will be somewhat challenging to calculate, and not a "start at zero, add twenty, divide by six and take the remainder..." where their score is the same as the person before them.)

No double posting.

No multiplying or dividing by zero, or raising anything to the zero power.

No irrational numbers, no imaginary numbers.

Honor system - no editing your posts.

Winner will be calculated at arbitrary times by anyone able to edit this post - will also reset the rules.

EDIT: Allowing a 10 minute grace period to modify your points (but not your rule), in case someone is quicker at posting than you :wink:

[hide=sample chain of posts]

1 - points come from post number of this thread - 1 pt

2 - even posts are worth double - 2 * 2 = 4 pt

3 - prime posts are worth 5 more - 3 + 5 = 8 pt

4 - multiples of 4 are worth 2 less - 4 * 2 - 2 = 6 pt

5 - all post points are multiplied by the number of vowels in posters name - (5 + 5) * 3 = 30 pt

[/hide]

Winners:

First rule:

All posts are worth 4.

Calculated points for this post: 4

[/hide]

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Posts by users who's tipit name matches their RSN are worth +10.

Points for this: 14.

And yes Saradomin_mage, you only get +4.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Posts after editorial panel members are worth +3

Points for this : 7

EDIT : K4ylan posted in between, do I change this to 4 points?

Maybe we need to allow a 5 minute grace period? That's fine.

Prime numbered posts are worth 3 times more.

(4-100+10)*3 = -258

♪♪ And I'm not done

ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

If your name isn't Abc1230, multiply your score by 0

(4 - 100 + 5) * 3 = -273

Game rules:

No double posting.

No multiplying or dividing by zero.

Winner will be calculated at arbitrary times by anyone able to edit this post - will also reset the rules.

Nice try. Also, I'm assuming quotes count for the character limit, bringing me far over 40. Do I get points for "correcting" the post because he broke the rules?

New rule: Multiply your points by the root of -4.

Points for this post: 38i.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

If your name isn't Abc1230, multiply your score by 0

(4 - 100 + 5) * 3 = -273

Game rules:

No double posting.

No multiplying or dividing by zero.

Nice try. Also, I'm assuming quotes count for the character limit, bringing me far over 40. Do I get points for "correcting" the post because he broke the rules?

New rule: Multiply your points by the root of -4.

Points for this post: 38i.

Yep, that sounds about right.

Guess I have to expand the rules on zero, imaginary and irrational numbers.

That raise to the power of zero thing was basically a hard reset, so everyone starts at 1.

New rule: Add your new post count to your score.

My score: 2673.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Raise your score to the 0 power

Considering we're dealing with imaginary numbers, I'm not 100% positive the answer is actually one. ANYWAYS...

Follow the order of operations when calculating your post.

4 ^ 1 * 2i + 10 + 5 = 1 * 2i + 15 = 2i + 15.

EDIT: Damnation. Gimme a minute.

EDIT2: Ignore any and all rules that causes your score to be -1, 0, 1. If your score ends up as -1, 0, 1 due to a combination of rules, you may choose what rule(s) to ignore so that the resultant score is not -1, 0, 1.

1827. Also, sees_all1, you gave yourself 2673 points when your postcount is 2671 o_O

P.S. Taking out irrational and imaginary numbers makes this so much less fun. I totally wanted to mess around with Pi and Euler's Number.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Considering we're dealing with imaginary numbers, I'm not 100% positive the answer is actually one. ANYWAYS...

Raising any complex number to the 0 power in base 10 will give you 1. You can neglect the i

Double your score

Raise your score to the 0 power

Follow the order of operations when calculating your post.

4 ^ 1 * 2i + 10 + 5 = 1 * 2i + 15 = 2i + 15.

EDIT: Damnation. Gimme a minute.

EDIT2: Ignore any and all rules that causes your score to be -1, 0, 1. If your score ends up as -1, 0, 1 due to a combination of rules, you may choose what rule(s) to ignore so that the resultant score is not -1, 0, 1.

1827. Also, sees_all1, you gave yourself 2673 points when your postcount is 2671 o_O

P.S. Taking out irrational and imaginary numbers makes this so much less fun. I totally wanted to mess around with Pi and Euler's Number.

Changed the rules to make sure that each new rule needs to contain a conditional, so that there's no "Disregard your previous score, your new score is 10"

New rule: Only follow rules posted by Napalm_Death

Post count= 4?

If you follow the order of operations, this only affects rules previous to it. :shame:

New rule: Add 100 to your score if your forum name does not have an underscore in it.

My score: 0.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, um, I'm assuming that the only rules I should be working with atm are in the last post, in which case my score is 100.

How about you only calculate your score from the posters last post here, or sees_all1's last post here, whichever you prefer, unless you have no posts here in which case just sees_all1's last post here? Suggestion for actual game rules in original post rule idea.

Um...

multiply your score by the number of vowels in your forum name +1?

My score (0) + 100 * (3 + 1) = 400?

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Wait, we're only doing what the previous post said now? That's stupid and not challenging at all

When do I stop only doing what Napalm says? Last time I checked, listening to Napalm isn't an arithmetic function

You guys troll hard. :mrgreen:

For clarification, everyone's rules apply. Rules apply from oldest to newest, and must contain a conditional (so that everyone's score is not the same). Napalm's rule only applies at his level... which is to say it doesn't affect any one else's rules :thumbsup: .

Starting from 0,

Double your score (0)

Only follow Napalms rule at this point (0)

Add 100 if your name does not contain an underscore (0)

Multiply your score by the number of vowels in your forum name +1 (0 * 4 = 0)

And my new rule, subtract 3 from your score if the rule before you contained the word "forum" (0 - 3 = -3)

My score: -3.

♪♪ And I'm not done

I appear to be completely, completely lost, which is what I anticipated anyway, hahaha.

Next rule:

If your post contains a rhyme or more,

Multiply your score by forty-four.

Anyway that leaves me at 0 :sad: (I think...)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Here goes. Starting from 0. Double my score, still 0. Napalms rule leaves me at 0. My name does NOT contain an underscore, although it will contain a rhyme or more. +100. Multiply it by the vowels in my name. 3X. 300. Since my post has a rhyme, multiply by 44. 13200.

Do I get a prize now?

New rule: divide your post count by the number of posts in this thread (up to the point where you hit the "reply" button.) Take the remainder of that and add it to your score.

Or, to put it simply, mod your post count by the number of posts in this thread and add it to your score.

If that's too difficult, just put "Squab is too hard for me" somewhere in your post and add 10 points to your score.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Here goes. Starting from 0. Double my score, still 0. Napalms rule leaves me at 0. My name does NOT contain an underscore, although it will contain a rhyme or more. +100. Multiply it by the vowels in my name. 3X. 300. Since my post has a rhyme, multiply by 44. 13200.

Do I get a prize now?

New rule: divide your post count by the number of posts in this thread (up to the point where you hit the "reply" button.) Take the remainder of that and add it to your score.

Or, to put it simply, mod your post count by the number of posts in this thread and add it to your score.

If that's too difficult, just put "Squab is too hard for me" somewhere in your post and add 10 points to your score.

You need to apply your rule to your score.

13212 for you. I get your post.

New rule: Add 20 to your score if the post before you quoted someone.

was at 0, 2677 mod 21 = 10. No quote in the post before this, still at 10.

My score: 10.

♪♪ And I'm not done

• 3 months later...

Next rule : Post necromancy takes your final score based on all the previous rules and multiplies it by 0.

So, uhm, my score's 0 now.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.