UNIX scripting

Hi all,

I got this task, to make unix script, but i'm new at working with unix, and i just can't find any usefull articles or soggestions how to write my script.

So i just wonder maybe someone could help me... What i need is info like how to write it, how to start, everything thats usefull. Also if someone are good at this and could write this script i would more that gratefull.

Script: Write a script in which the argument is the month number and month name is displayed.

I'm not going to do your homework, but a good starting point is knowing what shell you'll be scripting for.

Ya, didnt really expect that someone would write a script for me. But what u mean by "what shell"?

(I might not understand that cuz, english is my 2nd language..)

I will be doing this on OS (windowns) so then Bash. I have few questions: (but it might not sound clear) Should i do somekind of variables? like 1 - jan 2 - feb and so on, and then when u write 2 (or other number) u get answer feb? Is this even close to what i need to do?

I might be wrong about OS, what we are using is program PuTTy, connect to your learning ip addres and write scripts there. Thank you for links, ill study them

Yeah putty is just a client, you use it to connect to a server (which is running a certain OS). What is it exactly you want to accomplish with this script?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Yeah putty is just a client, you use it to connect to a server (which is running a certain OS). What is it exactly you want to accomplish with this script?

accomplish? well i need this script to get a grade :D all that matters, i came up with idea, but i wont show u. (script isn't in english) :D btw, ty for help :)

I'm asking you what your script is going to do. It's difficult for us to give you help if we don't know what you're doing....

You're welcome at any rate.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Bet he's trying to crack his school's grade system.

I've no idea where you're getting that from...

Script: Write a script in which the argument is the month number and month name is displayed.

You so serious! But okay...

accomplish? well i need this script to get a grade :D all that matters, i came up with idea, but i wont show u.

I'm not going to do your homework, but a good starting point is knowing what shell you'll be scripting for.

I've no idea where you're getting that from... it's shell...