54-71 Smithing

Mojo_Monkey

The best way would be to smelt and superheat gold ore with gold smithing gauntlets - this maxes at ~150k xp/hr. Alternatively, you could just smelt the gold and not superheat at the same time for ~80k xp/hr. Smithing steel plates can get you ~158k xp/hr but is significantly more expensive, and if you truly have money to burn you can swap to mithril plates at 68 for 210k/hr.

I'd recommend just sticking with smelting and superheating gold ore at Edgeville with the gauntlets and varrock armor. You need about 660k xp, so conservatively saying you'll average 125k/hr, you can expect it to take a little over 5 hours.

All xp rates pulled from Grimy's Reference Spreadsheets.

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

The best way would be to smelt and superheat gold ore with gold smithing gauntlets - this maxes at ~150k xp/hr. Alternatively, you could just smelt the gold and not superheat at the same time for ~80k xp/hr. Smithing steel plates can get you ~158k xp/hr but is significantly more expensive, and if you truly have money to burn you can swap to mithril plates at 68 for 210k/hr.

I'd recommend just sticking with smelting and superheating gold ore at Edgeville with the gauntlets and varrock armor. You need about 660k xp, so conservatively saying you'll average 125k/hr, you can expect it to take a little over 5 hours.

Wow about 12k gold bars to smelt...

Thanks for the info

orlyn.png

youry.png

Wow about 12k gold bars to smelt...

Thanks for the info

It seems like a lot but it went by fast for me. I made about 9k gold bars from 58-70. Just do other things while your smelting

JacTheRipper.png

I recommend not superheating. It does give better XP, but it is completely non afkable and costs a lot more. I'm currently getting 70 smithing right now with gold at edgy furnace. Very easy to afk.

If gold stays at current prices, I'll have lost about 850k~ from 58 to 70 smith. Not bad IMO.

PM me for fitocracy invite