Revenant Hunting Guide

First, I got 2 choc-ice from Revenant Icefiend {Added as Unconfirmed} and a rune longsword from Revenant Demon.{noted as unconfirmed} I had Jessica's ring. No screenshots taken.

Second, a funny thing, was that my lesser demon slayer task actually went on during revenant hunting. Are revenant demons count as lessers as well? {Added a note behind the scenes for this too}

Third, a few tips to avoid an unnecessary item loss and death:

- Don't bring an offensive summoning familiar with you. It can help you during the fight, but it will also make revenants rage, hitting them about 10 times in couple seconds. {Added}

- Make love, not war! If a player is already fighting a revenant, don't butt in! This can make them angry and, if they're higher lvl than you, may courage them to attack you. {Added}

- Give space. There are higher level revenants for players to kill. You don't have to try to steal every single revenant in sight. {Added}

- If you're there to kill revenants, not players, DON'T GET SKULLED! This is a very easy way to get people to attack you, as well to lose your stuff. {Added}

- A charged glory is handy for attack bonus, but, most importantly, it works up to lvl30 in wilderness and can teleport you out in two clicks. {Already in Guide}

- Anticipate! If you see player to equip claws and pot, it might be better to get away from him. If he runs after you, teleport out immediately! {Added}

- Avoid the entrance near 30 wild. This is the most likely spot pkers will strike. If you see white spots rushing in, run in 30- wild and teleport out. {Added}

- Stay under lvl30 wilderness. Glory and ring of life won't work after lvl30. {Added}

A few tips to fight revenants:

- Revenants basically use magic attacks, so keep this defence high. If you pray against magic, they will range you. If you dominate them too much (hit highs, many times in row or just have a high hitting weapon), they will swap to melee. This is more inaccurate and somewhat less powerful, but if you don't have high def, pray against melee and they will swap to mage again. {Added}

- The basic idea is to get the revenants in low health and then eliminate them as fast as possible. Godswords or chaotic rapier work well at this. In low health revenants will heal themself. This doesn't seem to rely on your attack speed, so they will heal themselves regardless if you're attacking them with whip or armadyl godsword.

- The second method is simple: if they are healing, they won't attack you. So max your accuracy and keep hitting them. After you hit lows or miss enough many times they will attack again. Keep hitting and healing until they've reached their healing limit. At this point they will be in low health and continually attack you. {Already in Guide} - healing is covered in the guide

- Zamorakian spear special attack can stun the revenants so you can heal yourself a bit. You can also use it to stun SINGLE pkers, NOT groups! {Added}

- Use forinthy bracelet when fighting high level revenants! This will make you immune to them for one minute / charge. So you can bash them as much as you want and they can't attack you. It will also make revenants passive for one hour SPENT inside the cave. Revenants may lunge at you after using this, but they will turn away if you run to them. {Already in Guide}

Would this make enough suggestions?

Edited by Octarine19
making edits

teemupets.png

Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladdin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pacman ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! If you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

im0arp.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi there Teemuppets

The guide already covers a few of your suggestions, I'l edit your post as I go and make changes. Thanks :)

EDIT: Made most of the changes based on your post, many thanks :) The revenant guide will be being re-worked soon, since it could use some setups and such, but much of the old guide will be preserved.

If you could get back to us about the icefiend drop that would be great, though I must stress for the future that if you have anything that needs adding to the site (such as a monster drop or location) that you must accompany it with a screenshot if possible, so we can confirm it outright :) - looking over the bestiary entry we already have a submission for this too, so added as unconfirmed.

If you have any problems or questions, feel free to PM me :)

~Oct

Edited by Octarine19

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!