Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Runescape and Download limit

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:bedman
So, I'm living with 3 friends in a house, and our download limit is depleted. I blame their habbits of watching youtube all the time while doing their projects (they're architects). They blame me playing Runescape.

I always thought Runescape didn't need much loading and all, but does this mean is doesn't take much off the download limit? One thing I know for sure, even while our limit was this depleted that loading one yioutube video didn't work, I could still play RS pretty smoothly. This is why I would think it doesn't take much off the limit. Am I right?

Gravy
[ Display Name History ]

Gravy

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • RSN:Gravy
  • RSN2:Exorain
youtube will use alottttttt more than scape will.

Follow me on Twitter!
FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.
Posted Image

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Bernkastel
Get a broadband monitor. I promise you that youtube videos use up a hell of a lot more download than Runescape does. People often make the mistake of thinking that streaming video isn't really much of a download, but it really is.

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
If all four of you played RS 24-7 you probably wouldn't hit your bandwidth limit for the month. It's definitely the YT videos.

By the way, what is your limit?

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures
They have stupid internet providers in Belgium. Costs a lot for very little traffic.

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman
It's 10 GB a month per login (its a student server, Kotnet). We've got 3 log ins (well, I've got 1, they got 2 from sister/friend cause they aren't member of my Uni.

jjjon123
[ Display Name History ]

jjjon123

Warrior of Redwall

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • RSN:jjjon123
  • RSN2:Kirbybakatya
I would say the videos take up more. You can see how much bandwidth RS uses by inputing "displayfps" in the dev console (hit the "`" key ingame atleast its that for american keyboards) It will list various information including Download and Upload K/s
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

GlowinRedM
[ Display Name History ]

GlowinRedM

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 629 posts
I remember when I had a 5 gig limit per month and all I did with it was play RS I didn't come even close to half. When I let my sister use it to watch Youtube, I lost 3 gigs in a matter of a few days.
Posted Image

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnÂ’t even have any friends.

Other Quotes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users