Android apps

VARN

I am looking for a video player for my android phone; I am trying to play mp4s. What is the best?

Any other apps that are useful also (new phone).

Also if it is possible to post the apk as i cannot get on the market yet.

Google these to find the apk's

RockPlayer

arcMedia

VPlayer

yxPlayer

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

Although I don't know any good video player apps, here are some of my favorite Market ones on my phone. Some apps may be UK only:

Voice Search by Google, handy for calling a contact or doing a google search quickly. It can do other stuff too if you use US English, like write texts or search for music on your player of choice.

The ubiquitous Google Maps, which also has a beta for Google Navigation built in. Think sat-nav.

RealCalc. As far as I'm aware, the best calculator. Has enough functions for regular student and business use, including trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, base 10 logs, natural logs, roots, powers, and some statistical functions like nCr, nPr, and factorials.

Dolphin Browser HD, a more feature rich browser than the Android one, reminiscent of Google Chrome.

Google Goggles, mostly a bit of fun, it's an app for making searches using pictures taken by your camera. Gimmicks aside, it can read QR codes, which can provide you with URLs or links to apps.

TuneIn Radio, a magnificent internet radio player. Comes with a decent widget too.

If it's available in your area, Spotify is hugely popular, and its premium service gives you access to this cloudy music player app. It's basically a huge database of music that you rent access to on a subscription.

In the UK, Rail Planner Live is an invaluable tool for those pesky train services, although it's not free.

Google Goggles for music, Shazam can take a sample using the microphone and (hopefully) identify any song that's playing.

Note: All links are to the official Android Market.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• 2 weeks later...