Scam email?

Raiouken

I got an email from [email protected].

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal RuneScape account(s).

As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.

If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.

It will be ongoing for further investigation by JAGEX Entertainment's employees.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:.

https://[LikelyScam]/m=weblogin/loginform.ws?mod=www&ssl=0&dest

Jeez, it's extremely convincing but is this a scam? I mean, I haven't tried to sell my account at all..

I got an email from [email protected].

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal RuneScape account(s).

As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.

If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.

It will be ongoing for further investigation by JAGEX Entertainment's employees.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:.

https://[LikelyScam]/m=weblogin/loginform.ws?mod=www&ssl=0&dest

Jeez, it's extremely convincing but is this a scam? I mean, I haven't tried to sell my account at all..

See here

Seems likely to be a scam. Why would you need to prove ownership if you were trying to sell it?

iratebadger.png

It's not convincing at all.

Read the recent news post:

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/jagex-emails--how-to-know-its-safe-

Jagex will never contact you via email to discuss your account, unless you have already contacted us with a request for support at one of the following email addresses:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Jagex will never contact you to:

Offer you moderator status.

Verify your account details.

Identity that you are the account holder.

Advise you that your account will be suspended, muted, banned or has received an infraction.

To confirm a change of address, if you have not requested it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You can't grab bits out of context it actually says:

We only send you emails from an @Jagex.com or @email.runescape.com address. However, it is possible for senders to alter the from field to make an email look as if its been sent from us, so please remain cautious.

To verify that the email is from Jagex, you can check the message source. If the email is from us, you will see these fields:

Received: from mta.chtah.net

Red bit - clearly points out from boxes can be faked.

Green bit directs you to look for that from field in the MESSAGE SOURCE not just the from box, as the message source cannot be faked.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue