Diskette Drive 0 seek failure, unable to load computer..?

Divine_Hero

I've been having some problems with my computer, one being that I cannot load anything because I get an error message saying:

Main processor: AMD Atholon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+

Memory testing: 41247744k OK+ 64m Shared memory(Installed memory 4194304k)

SATA 0 : None

SATA 1 : TSSTcorp CD-RW/DVD-ROM TS-H493B D200

SATA 2 : None

SATA 3 : None

Diskette drive 0 seek failure.

Now, I know I can enter the BIOS to change setting around, but now I have a new problem, and whenever I try to enter the BIOS, or even turn on the computer, I get a message saying:

MediaShield ROM BIOS 6.95

Copyright © 2006 NVIDIA Corp

Detecting Array...

Now, I looked at what that means, and I can fix this easily in the BIOS, but I can't enter the BIOS, or even turn on the computer without getting this screen, and I've waited to see if it can detect anything, but it can't. So, is there any way these two can be fixed?

vNewDisease.png vNewDisease.png

~I am a true Hero.~

I believe it is safe to say ur mobo is f***ed

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah, if it won't start up far enough to access the BIOS then you've got a real problem with your motherboard.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Half solved, I have gotten rid of the second problem, thanks to Nyosuht, he told me to pull out non essentials, one of those I took out being the HDD, which ultimately stopped that problem, so I could enter the BIOS, and simply restore defaults. However, I still need to fix the Diskette error.

~I am a true Hero.~

diskette seek failure = harddrive is dead

No two ways about it really if it can't be read its dead; only other option is a corrupted boot file but you'd need to plug the drive into a different system and boot that to see if it can find it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Go into the BIOS and make sure the boot order is set to check your optical drive first, the hard drive next, and finally the floppy drive.

I've had this issue many times, and this fixes it. Hope this helps!

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

diskette seek failure = harddrive is dead

I'm not sure how you've come to this conclusion. The diskette seek error is not related to a hard disk, but to a diskette drive. Perhaps you'd know it better as a "floppy disk drive."

Last I checked harddrives can also throw out diskette seek errors my older ones certainly did upon dying, though admittedly its rarely worded that way on newer systems. After all they were called hard drives and floppy disks because hard drives contained a hard disk, floppys contained a floppy one but run on same basic diskette seeking principles.

Plus the fact his drive booting read out only showed an optical drive and floppy drives are rare it would be a logical assumption he MUST have a harddrive installed that is failing to be detected.

Oh and we can assume it is likely if the error is referring to floppy that harddrive is dead as it means the boot list is getting down as far as floppy due to missing devices and boot list self re-ordering is rare in my experience.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Thanks for all of the help. I still get the message on start up, as I have yet to do anything. But, I did purchase a new Harddrive, and I can now at least start my OS and go online. When I get the time, I'll turn of Hard disk in the boot order in the BIOS, and continue to look at everything else that was said.

~I am a true Hero.~