GE Update Coming?

Toad

Definitely the latter on that one, but players would congregate somewhere for trade no matter what.

It used to be in certain places out of convenience, such as Draynor when certs were relevant. After that, you have things like Falador Park that get used for specific areas, much like areas around the GE today.

Not to mention, Jagex obviously supports trade in certain areas given they have worlds marked for "Trade"

/End drunken reply to this thread

wessan.png

The problem I have with this center of commerce idea is that the Grand Exchange, by it's existence, killed player to player trade for the most part. It's a double edge sword, we're all nostalgic for the old days, but now that the Grand Exchange is here, the thought of not having it is just stifling.

Note: When I say we, I don't speak for anyone else.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

I'm just impressed with what they can do with the java engine. Anyone else remember what runescape use to look like 4 years ago lol.

Remember when they made the comment a few weeks ago about not supporting that old Java version? Maybe a massive graphics overhaul is in the works? Hopefully?

magicfalcon9.png

Dragon Drops: 4 Skirts, 4 Meds (PKed one) , 2 Legs, 1 Chain (Dust Devils), 1 Lump, 1 Shard

Armadyl Drops (219.78m): 13 Chestplates, 13 Skirts, 7 Helms, 8 Hilts

Bandos Drops (10.58m): 2 Chestplates, 1 Tasset, 2 Hilts, 2 Boots

Zamorak Drops (157k): 2 Steam Battlestaves

The way the new "kiosk" looks, they may implement a familiar-friendly grand exchange area. I mean, you can walk around the edge with a familiar, and although I'm not 100% sure, you can have one at the tree, so it would only make sense. Sometimes people just want to pop in to the GE for a few seconds to collect/buy/sell something but don't want to have to dismiss a fresh familiar, nor can people gear up at the GE (load yak, ect.)... yet. This would be a good update imo.

Trollbomber.png

The way the new "kiosk" looks, they may implement a familiar-friendly grand exchange area. I mean, you can walk around the edge with a familiar, and although I'm not 100% sure, you can have one at the tree, so it would only make sense. Sometimes people just want to pop in to the GE for a few seconds to collect/buy/sell something but don't want to have to dismiss a fresh familiar, nor can people gear up at the GE (load yak, ect.)... yet. This would be a good update imo.

The main problem with familiars at the GE was lag due to the mass amount of people. If they're spreading out the GE to the corners that should reduce lag and hopefully make it possible for familiars to be there too, let's hope anyway.

The problem I have with this center of commerce idea is that the Grand Exchange, by it's existence, killed player to player trade for the most part. It's a double edge sword, we're all nostalgic for the old days, but now that the Grand Exchange is here, the thought of not having it is just stifling.

Note: When I say we, I don't speak for anyone else.

The fact that the GE is the largest Player-to-Player trading system pretty much discredits your first sentence. No you do not know who is buying your stuff or who you get it from, but it is safe, secure, and since February... the Altar at which Runescape's capitalistic system prays due to its release from government (Jagex and Manipulation clans) chains of regulation.

If you want to trade directly with another player, just move about 10 spaces away from the GE counter and there will be someone selling what you need. The fact is in life that people have always congregated somewhere to buy/sell goods and when they have a complex system, they create a center that streamlines the process. The "Good Ole Days" in the case of trying to buy and sell stuff was long, frustrating, and frankly took way too much time from skilling and other things people want to do. If you still want a player connection, you can do that even with the GE.

You may not be advocating the removal of the GE and my post seems to accuse you of such blasphemy, but I assure you I am not attacking ya. I am merely outlining that the GE is a great player-to-player trading system and a great mirror to all major stock exchanges around the globe really.

On Topic: I hope these updates roll out soon, maybe a nice surprise for BXPW?

wessan.png