Rob's Photography Gallery

Guest Rob

Pretty nice, that is a good picture for a beginner(and all around). I have seen MUCH MUCH worse :-D what kind of camera do you have.

One tip i have. Get photoshop, open camera raw, adjust the luminance to get rid of the noise in the background,

jpegsigtest.jpg

First of all, it's great that you are getting into photography :thumbup: It definitely is a great hobby to get into.

Second, your picture... It seems to me it is almost like a snapshot, and you put little thought into it, and just shot if from where you were standing... Get creative! Try taking shots at different angles, such as underneath, or so that you are level with the flower or something, then straight on looking down at it from your standing height. Aside from the negative, this doesn't look too bad. You have a good depth of field, which is nice here :)

I'll post some tutorials for you too look at later, as right now I need a shower, but if you can always just Google photography for beginners, or something along those lines...

I look forward to seeing more of your photos! :thumbsup:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

You want to get to a point where you think about every shot you take, more so than just "this looks neat". Go, hey, there are some cool textures and lighting, how can I capture this to make it look awesome? Obviously it takes practice and time to really get yourself into that mindset, but for me when I started photography, I wanted to take as many photos as possible because I thought everything looked cool. Instead, take photos because you want to convey something about what your taking, whether it be to say "Hey this subject has really interesting textures" or "The lighting on these leaves is awesome." Go beyond simply neat, and take photos to show an aspect of something.

Its a nice mid-way goal to have, to be able to get in that mindset when taking photos. When the above finally clicked for me, my photography improved heapsly.

Definitely keep it up, if that photo is a first photo, its as good as a first photo as any. You've got a good starting point and I look forward to seeing more!

lampost_sig_stark.png

"That looks neat" is certainly a great place to start. But then you have to look at this neat thing from many angles and directions. (would that sunrise look better if I put that tree in front of it?) Think about what your subject would look like under different lighting conditions. (direct sun, shade, flash). That will also lead you to think about time of day, which is when photography really gets fun. (I need to be there at 6am to get the lighting right)

Have fun and don't be afraid to experiment!

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009