Issues with Eclipse

Power

After a long break from java coding i decided i should get back into it, so i updated Eclipse and went to run it. Every time i try to run it i get this message: [hide]"A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Deve;opment Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Eclipse. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations:c:\Users\Eric\Desktop\eclipse-SDK-3.7-win32-x86_6eclipse\jre\bin\javaw[Caution: Executable File]javaw[Caution: Executable File] in your current PATH [/hide] I've updated my JDK and JRE and this still happens. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and still a bit of a newb when it comes to everything. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Power2o.png
Power2ho.png

Is that location defined under the PATH variable right now? I haven't used Eclipse in a while, but I think your JDK needs to be stored in the env. variable JAVA.

I'm also somewhat curious about the directory that your JRE is under, because usually it falls under a Java folder (and you'll see the version number). Is that the default folder used if you update JDK/JRE through Eclipse?

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

Is that location defined under the PATH variable right now? I haven't used Eclipse in a while, but I think your JDK needs to be stored in the env. variable JAVA.

I'm also somewhat curious about the directory that your JRE is under, because usually it falls under a Java folder (and you'll see the version number). Is that the default folder used if you update JDK/JRE through Eclipse?

The value under the variable "path" is currently "javac;C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP" and about the second question, i think I'm misunderstanding what you're asking. How I'm reading it you want me to find what file my JDK/JRE installed into? I'm pretty new to anything beyond basic. Also, i didn't update through Eclipse. Since it wouldn'tt open i thought i had to update them so i went to the Java website and installed the latest versions of both. Sorry if I'm misinterpreting your questions.

Power2o.png
Power2ho.png

Yeah, that was what I was asking. If you installed through the Java website, that's a strange directory for the JDK to install to. I'm mainly curious because the jdk folder name should have a version name attached to it.

Can you dig around and find out where you installed your JDK too? There should be a bin file under it; if there is, throw in a semicolon after your current PATH variable and add the address to it. (SET PATH = %PATH%;C:\JDK\bin for instance)

Yeah, that was what I was asking. If you installed through the Java website, that's a strange directory for the JDK to install to. I'm mainly curious because the jdk folder name should have a version name attached to it.

Can you dig around and find out where you installed your JDK too? There should be a bin file under it; if there is, throw in a semicolon after your current PATH variable and add the address to it. (SET PATH = %PATH%;C:\JDK\bin for instance)

I dug around a bit and found where it was installed, it was in C:\Program Files\Java. It's named jdk1.6.0_25 with a bin file inside. What should i add to my path variable? Sorry if I'm asking obvious questions, like I said before I'm a bit of a newb.

Power2o.png
Power2ho.png

I added that and it still won't launch and gives me the same message, here's my current path value "javac;C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP\;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_25". Getting Eclipse working is starting to be a hassle.

Power2o.png
Power2ho.png

"javac;C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP\;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\bin". Getting Eclipse working is starting to be a hassle.

Give that one a try.