[Solved] PS3 Problem

J35u5_M4

So, here's the deal;

My PS3 is about 2-3 years old I think, and recently (About 1-2 days ago) it started turning off about 10-15 minutes after playing Marvel v. Capcom 3, when it turns off it shows a yellow light for about 1 second then three beeps, each beep has one red light to go with.

The console turns on just fine, and I noticed that it was really really dusty on the outside, so I vacuumed it, but that didn't fix the problem (Well, kinda obvious) so my best bet is that I have to open it and clean it with compressed air; the warranty already expired so there's no issue if I open it, the thing is that I've only opened computers before and opening this bad boy seems complicated enough, and I want to be sure before I attempt anything, you know, stupid.

If you need any more information about the issue, please post and I'll provide it, I just want to know what the heck is wrong with it and how to fix it (Taking it to an Official Sony place is kinda out of question because I don't like in the USA and here in Venezuela I don't think I can find those that work with Tech Support [They're mostly just stores that sell Sony stuff], but I guess I could try...)

Thanks in advance

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

It looks to me that the ps3 is overheating and the 3 beeps you hear is the ps3 trying to restart but being shut down immediately by the temperature sensor (kinda like an overheated cpu that will automatically shut off). Its very likely that it is overheating, is this one of the PS3 Slims or PS3 Fats? You can give it a shot using compressed air on it before opening and see if that gets you anywhere. Check the fan as said above^^

Make sure you read up on guides and watch videos, also just a tip that a PS3 should -never- be on a surface with carpet material on the bottom, it generates a lot of heat and isn't good for your system, maybe try operating it sideways for more air flow?

randomkcopyq.png

I have a friend that got the same thing, but even with first trying to clean the dust, then that not working, replacing the thermal paste, his PS3 still did that, so you might need luck with this.

Opening it and using a compressed can of air is your best bet for now, and hopefully it will work.

It's alive!

It did work!

Conclusion:

If your PS3 is turning off, giving the yellow light then three beeps, it's probably an overheating problem, before attempting to do things on your own take it to tech support, but if you're too lazy to do so, you may try watching a LOT of videos about opening a PS3 and perhaps clean it yourself. If it doesn't work after the clean-up and you know nothing about the subject, take it to an expert.

Thanks everyone to cared enough to watch the topic and leave a reply :P

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png