need some serious help :/

Themooingcow666

Ok so i went to log onto my account today, and found out i got hacked, and yes you can get hacked, because i NEVER give my password out, i NEVER log on to any other website besides runescape.com and all that and i'm extremely safe with it, i've had this account for almost 9 years now i think? maybe 8 not sure? and i do not want to lose it. I know someone else is playing it because i went to adventurer's log and someone has been leveling me up all day.

So how can i get it back? I went to recover account and they've changed the email i've used, they've changed everything idk how the hell they did this but i'm willing to do anythign to get my account back so thank you.

And i can prove it's my account, i mean i've been using this tip.it forum for years and my account themooingcow is linked to here.

Thanks

Orion

And before my stats were

88 att

83 def

83 str

and 86 i think? hp. maybe 87

Themooingcow.png

Recover your account manually. There should be two options: one that requires an e-mail address and one that does not. Use the latter option.

Once you get your account back you will need to strengthen your recoveries. This is the single easiest way for people to steal accounts these days. Most of the time peoples' recovery answers can be found on other website profiles or social media sites. To be as secure as possible, your recovery question should never have a legitimate answer. Here are examples of good and bad recoveries:

BAD

Q: What was my first best friend's name?

A: Zackary

GOOD

A: skjd*sj24Ks7jeD

Just make sure you write them down (IRL, not on your computer) and keep them in a safe place. The odds of someone breaking into your house to steal your recovery answers are quite low :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Recover your account manually. There should be two options: one that requires an e-mail address and one that does not. Use the latter option.

Once you get your account back you will need to strengthen your recoveries. This is the single easiest way for people to steal accounts these days. Most of the time peoples' recovery answers can be found on other website profiles or social media sites. To be as secure as possible, your recovery question should never have a legitimate answer. Here are examples of good and bad recoveries:

BAD

GOOD

A: skjd*sj24Ks7jeD

Just make sure you write them down (IRL, not on your computer) and keep them in a safe place. The odds of someone breaking into your house to steal your recovery answers are quite low :P

For some reason there's not a second option ONLY the e-mail address option :( so i can't :/

Themooingcow.png

For some reason there's not a second option ONLY the e-mail address option :( so i can't :/

In that case, post on this RSOF thread: [qfc]275-276-10-62906860[/qfc]

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

I have a mac so no viruses i checked >.<

and i don't have a account to do that with :/

Could someone post for me?

Themooingcow and email is [email protected] and maybe help explain that you are trying to help me out?

Thank you.

Themooingcow.png

I think you should be able to create a new account to post there.

Posted Image

I think you should be able to create a new account to post there.

No I tried using my little bro's account, you have to have certain levels to do that and you have to be a member or have certain levels :/

i've tried everything >.< Next thing i'm going to try as MUCH as i hate it, is finding someone to help me hack it back >.< I hate having to do this but i'm not willing to lose my account :/

thanks for all the help though i really appreciate it.

Themooingcow.png

BAD

GOOD

A: skjd*

You need to put in an incorrect email twice before it let's you attempt it manually, I think.

TenseMurmur.gif

BAD

GOOD

You need to put in an incorrect email twice before it let's you attempt it manually, I think.

Sadly no it just locked me out :(

Themooingcow.png

BAD

GOOD

It shouldn't do. After you go onto the account recovery page and put in your username, it should ask for an email. It will say under it: "2 attempts remaining." if you get both attempts wrong, it should send you to the manual recovery page. This is where it asks for recoveries, subscription details, ISP info, etc.

TenseMurmur.gif

BAD

GOOD

It shouldn't do. After you go onto the account recovery page and put in your username, it should ask for an email. It will say under it: "2 attempts remaining." if you get both attempts wrong, it should send you to the manual recovery page. This is where it asks for recoveries, subscription details, ISP info, etc.

I can confirm this. I've helped a friend recover his account before and this was what happened. After he purposely failed the email recovery, it took him to the recovery questions, previous passwords, et al.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Maybe you overlooked into something like phishing (a fraudulent mail sent to you claiming this and that, and you click on whatever was attached like a link or a document, triggering a info stealing virus)

or setting up poor security questions, which happens to be an answer somebody might know.

If you have friends who play Runescape, it probably could of been them. If you were hacked unknowingly, then somebody who knows your account

exists obviously stole your password.

Well i got my account back and lost everything pretty much although they did level some skills up for me ^.^ So not all is lost, but from what i've been finding out ever since the server went down a little bit back, a LOT of my friends who play this have been hacked and just got there account back. So I think once the server got hacked, everything kind of fell into place from there.

Also the fact that i immediatly delete any email regarding jagex, and i never log onto any site unless it says runescape.com only.

I won't even use there client because you never know.

That and I have a mac, yes i still can get keyloggers, but it's rare and I doubt they would know my security questions that i set 8 years ago lol.

When i got it back everything of mine was reset even the security questions, and they knew my bank pin :/ So I lost about 30 mil worth of items and everything all together :(

i had so many rune ore's saved up too! xo

Themooingcow.png