Speaker "Clickings" - Sound problem w/ new computer

Zibl

About a month ago I purchased a desktop computer (Acer). To make a long story short: it came with speakers that work, but ever since I've set everything up there has been problems with the speakers. There is a very odd "clicking" sound that continuously pulses whenever the speakers are turned on (regardless of volume level). It's sort of hard to explain to be honest, seeing as I've owned 5+ computers in my life and have never experienced this. I did a Google search but really never found anything that seemed to be a fix. I did, however, find search results from people that seem to have had similar problems:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/180244-28-strange-clicking-noise

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=125454

These people are experiencing the same kind of problem that I am. My sound cards are updated (hell, I bought the computer barely 1 month ago) and my software for the drivers are updated. I'm literally baffled as to why this is happening, I've never had any kind of problem like this! Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

Did you try the things the people suggested on those websites?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I'ts most likely a hardware problem rather than a software problem. Do you have any technology around your desktop that could be causing interference? anything from cell phones to radios can cause a problem.

Yes. The modem sits behind the monitor on the desk. I always have my cell phone sitting beside of me, and there is even extra static whenever I get a call or a text message - but the clicking is still there even when the phone's in a completely different room. The print/scanner is sitting to the right of my modem, but the clicking continues whether it's on or not. There is nothing new around my desk that my previous computer wasn't around, yet it's speakers never had any problems.

Did you try the things the people suggested on those websites?

I tried a few software solutions, but none of them ended up being solutions at all :blink: . I eventually got frustrated with it, seeing as everything is updated & it's a problem I've never experienced. I suppose it's hardware related or there's interference, but I haven't the slightest idea of where it's actually coming from.

Maybe try unplugging the modem and printer to be sure there is no power going to them and all other speakers and electronic devices are removed from the area. If it is interference it can be very difficult to find the source. Theoretically anything electronic could cause interference, maybe try the speakers with your phone or an iPod in another room to rule them out if you haven't done so already.

Maybe try unplugging the modem and printer to be sure there is no power going to them and all other speakers and electronic devices are removed from the area. If it is interference it can be very difficult to find the source. Theoretically anything electronic could cause interference, maybe try the speakers with your phone or an iPod in another room to rule them out if you haven't done so already.

This sounds like a lot of trouble I was hoping wouldn't be the case :( . I may give it a try whenever I have a bit of free time & can actually talk myself in to it.

I would call up acer, I think it's faulty hardware.

Never really thought of that. I always assumed it was interference or out-of-date software. This could definitely be a possibility. Out of curiosity, would plugging them in to my iPod be a good test before I think about doing this? I figure if they're faulty, the static clicking would happen regardless of what they're plugged in to (which is what cheeky16 suggested).

I would call up acer, I think it's faulty hardware.

Never really thought of that. I always assumed it was interference or out-of-date software. This could definitely be a possibility. Out of curiosity, would plugging them in to my iPod be a good test before I think about doing this? I figure if they're faulty, the static clicking would happen regardless of what they're plugged in to (which is what cheeky16 suggested).

Ah yes.. Should've read the OP more clearly, I thought it was a laptop. In that case, yes try with an ipod or something.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

• 2 weeks later...