Anti-Trade scam

Gafgarion

When you trade there should be a warning in bold red text texy when someone changes the amount of money, or similarly looking items, like the [switch coal ore with iron] or [ change amount of money]. This way people wont get scammed easily, unless their IQ is lower than their shoe size...

TA: Tea Drinker's Anonymous

Delectable tea or deadly poison...

They have a second screen, which lists in intricate detail the minuatae of the trade. All the items you are trading, and all the items that are being traded to you writ large in brown and white. And guess what, the other person can't change any of it.

Anyone that gets scammed at the moment already has that sub-shoesize IQ.

siganizq4.gif

I don't see how people get scammed in Runescape. It just doesn't make sense, considering the scams are always extremely obvious...

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Just look at second screen? You can't go wrong with that...

~1250th post~

Exactly... The whole reason for the second screen is to see what exactly is the final offer between the two players. It doesn't really get more obvious and safe than that. JAGex, in my opinion, has sufficiently tried to protect players from scammers yet people still manage to get swindled. That's no longer JAGeX's problem, that's people's problem now. Why waste JAGeX's time creating this new flickering text when they have more important updates?