How to have semi permenant skill boosts (for overloads/effigies and others)

Powerfrog

First of all. This could technically be seen as abusing the system. If you personally know that this is against the rules and jagex are against it, please inform me and delete this thread. If not, enjoy!

Boosting skills can be expensive and slow. Don't you hate it when you spend 30 spicy stews to finally get that +5 herblore boost, and have it only last 10 seconds? Well you can change that.

First of all make your stew and drink it as usual. Quickly check your stats. If you have reached the level you need, log out to the lobby immediatley. If you have not, simply try again until you do. (Remember to restore your stats to normal if you're using stews and get negative levels.)

Log back in and you have a full 60 seconds to do whatever you want with your boosted stats. Log out after about 55 seconds to be safe and repeat. As long as you only log in for 60 seconds or less each time, your boosted stats will not degrade. This works because stat degrading works on a timer that ticks every 60 seconds from the moment you log in. So by logging back in, you effectivley restart this timer, giving you infinite time.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Also it's better to use a skillcape or potion boost to get a feel for the timing since you don't risk wasting a stew boost.

I undestand this is old news (It's been this way since boosts existed!) but i also know a lot of people have no idea about this and waste mills (trillions collectivley) gettung unneccessary levels.

And instead of bossting a skill with skillcape or whatever else to check, simply log in and out while stewing after 50 or so seconds, to guarantee you won't lose the boost in the bad time, and save yourself from waiting for the level to drop.

CNqWHdA.jpg