Can this laptop run runescape on max settings?

Z_Berenice

I'm not really much of a laptop person, but I will be travelling a lot soon and thought I could get my hands on a decent laptop that can run runescape as smooth as my pc does.

So I came across this laptop: http://laptopreviewsadvisor.com/sony-vaio-el2-vpcel22fxb-review/ (SONY VAIO EL Series VPCEL22FX/B Notebook AMD Dual-Core Processor E-450(1.65GHz) 15.5" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD±R/RW AMD Radeon HD 6310)

Have in mind that this is not for hardcore gaming, just something to keep me entertained while I'm out, I know it will never excel my current pc at performance.

I'm worried about 2 things tho:

1. I've seen that video card in action before, and it was able to run runescape at max settings keeping 30 ish fps, but I don't remember seen it on a laptop with a processor like that, which leads me to my next concern.

2. The processor, for 500-ish bucks, I really can't complain, but how much will this affect game performance?

By max settings, I mean including antialise and bloom.

Edit: What about this one? http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Versatile_Performance/K53SC/#specifications

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

500-ish bucks seems a bit too expensive for a lower end laptop like this one. I belive it will be able to play it at max settings but I think you can find better for a lower price. At least you can in my region.

Yeah I agree it seems overly expensive for what you get. I'm pretty certain you can get a i3 or i5 with like 4gb of ram and 320-500gb hdd for 400-450, I could be wrong though. Gpu is prob going to be integrated unless you surpass 500.00 mark.

Edit:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ASUS+-+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B+i3+Processor+/+15.6%22+Display+/+4GB+Memory+/+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/3562078.p?skuId=3562078&productCategoryId=pcmcat247400050000&cmp=%20%20&lid=abn_sku_1_Laptop%20&%20Netbook%20Computers_SKU_3562078_TXT&id=1218416379493

Theres one for 400 that would play rs just fine. You're going to have to drop more cash for a good laptop with a decent gpu but if you don't plan on playing anything taxing on graphics i'd just go with something cheap.

Low_C.png

You're probably right on the price, I looked around some more and found this one: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Versatile_Performance/K53SC/#specifications

Which is available in my country with a 750 GB version, and costs 650-ish bucks. I'm more than willing to put another 150 for something like this but I really have no experience with Asus at all. I know Asus and Lenovo are highly recommended by some, but I really don't know. I'm tempted for the integrated + dedicated video card combo this one has.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Asus is definitely the brand I would recommend the most. Both my laptops are Asus (one from 4 years ago, and one from a few months ago) and I have never had any issues with them. For my 4 year old laptop, the battery still holding about 1h30 of time is a +. Same with the multiple Asus parts in my desktop.

I can't say the same for lenovo though, from the fact that people are renting that brand from college and that half had the motherboards replaced before the end of the second year.

In terms of RS, core count doesn't matter because RS will only use ONE core, no matter what.

A 2.0GHz single core will be better than a 1.65 quad.

My 2.8 desktop still struggles a bit with lag, and my 2.1 laptop (also with a HD Radeon) is even worse at times.

Your graphics card is good, but that CPU will bring you down to about 2FPS.

My advice is don't go for anything less than 3GHz.

Even my 3.2 dual-core is struggling at times on RS, specially when there is more happening...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc