advice on training a f2p pure in p2p servers..

sparky697

Hey guys. Have a character that is 40 att, 70 strength, 1 def, 31 pray, 59 mage, and 70 hp right now. cb is 59. I want to know if there are any AFKable spots that are better than rock crabs for range and strength. I am willing to do quests for it. I am mainly looking for xp, although making a bit of money to compensate for archery equip will be a plus. Any ideas?

P.S- I am making this character to pk in a f2p environment, with hopes of one day having 99 strength, 99 range, and 44 prayer. I'd like to hold off on the prayer for as long as possible.

diabl0_915.png

Getting 43 prayer and killing some form of undead in multicombat with a salve amulet(e) is the only way you're going to get faster experience. Other than forking over the cash to get extremes/overloads.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

plus praying makes training so much more afk-able. which is nice.

get salve (e) and find some nice skeletons or zombies

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

You guys do realize he can't get the salve right....?

Don't get 43 prayer, waste of combat levels in f2p.

Really, you should just kill stuff that you want, there isn't really a predetermined "major xp" spot for f2p pures in p2p. The allure of p2p for pures is the added weapons, money, and un-crowded training. You could kill chaos druids, giants in abundance, crawlers to afk, etc. Buy yourself a Brine, get some castlewars armor if you want, higher leveled d-hide, and go at it.

You guys do realize he can't get the salve right....?

Don't get 43 prayer, waste of combat levels in f2p.

Really, you should just kill stuff that you want, there isn't really a predetermined "major xp" spot for f2p pures in p2p. The allure of p2p for pures is the added weapons, money, and un-crowded training. You could kill chaos druids, giants in abundance, crawlers to afk, etc. Buy yourself a Brine, get some castlewars armor if you want, higher leveled d-hide, and go at it.

He can. Just look at the quest guide for Haunted Mine. It'll get him some prayer experience if he hasn't already done any member's quests. But he wants 44 prayer eventually, and he asked for faster training. And the only options he has for faster training is to get the salve and fight undead with protection prayers. If not, he's just going to have to pray 15% at rock crabs. That's the only way i can see him speeding up someplace like that.

Yes, level 1 - 31 prayer are the best for F2P. Anything more is kinda' a waste. But, he has to make the decision if he wants faster experience and more ideal levels, or slower experience and extra prayer.

Do either of you have an exact location for this? I know either of the monster you list come in various levels....any idea which one would be for me? Thanks a lot for the help.

I know Gilformen trained at skeletons in the chaos tunnels for 90 strength, while at 50 attack and 1 defence, praying. I can't imagine the accuracy would be too much different with 40 attack.

He can. Just look at the quest guide for Haunted Mine. It'll get him some prayer experience if he hasn't already done any member's quests. But he wants 44 prayer eventually, and he asked for faster training. And the only options he has for faster training is to get the salve and fight undead with protection prayers. If not, he's just going to have to pray 15% at rock crabs. That's the only way i can see him speeding up someplace like that.

Yes, level 1 - 31 prayer are the best for F2P. Anything more is kinda' a waste. But, he has to make the decision if he wants faster experience and more ideal levels, or slower experience and extra prayer.

Meh. I haven't found prayer to be useful in f2p on anything other than my range tank.

Meh. I haven't found prayer to be useful in f2p on anything other than my range tank.

It isn't, really. But getting any combat 99 without a decent defence level or protection prayers is extremely painful. You're talking hundreds of hours at rock crabs. Unless you're one of those people who enjoy watching RS combat and do various things like slayer/etc. But the OP asked for an AFK method, so i doubt they are.

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, I afk at rock crabs now. The xp was okay, but now that my range/str is getting a little high I am starting to kill the 3 faster than they can respawn. I have about a 15-20 second wait after I kill all 3 until the next one appears. I guess I wouldn't mind being here till both 99's, but I was just hoping for a faster method. I don't have a ton of money on this account to be spending on prayer pots even if I DO get 43-44 prayer.

diabl0_915.png

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, I afk at rock crabs now. The xp was okay, but now that my range/str is getting a little high I am starting to kill the 3 faster than they can respawn. I have about a 15-20 second wait after I kill all 3 until the next one appears. I guess I wouldn't mind being here till both 99's, but I was just hoping for a faster method. I don't have a ton of money on this account to be spending on prayer pots even if I DO get 43-44 prayer.

A suggestion is trying to take over a highly-populated world. They have the fastest spawn rate, but are often crowded and you're likely to have to fight to maintain your spot every hour or so.