Need a little help with my HTML

Okay so I am trying to add a a BackGround Picture to the site , but I can't remember how to do it.

Is this the right code for doing this ? Code Below!

<html>

<body>

<head>

<BODY BACKGROUND="MrMan.jpg">

</head>

</body>

</html>

--------------------------

Thanks if you can help me ! If not thats good too (:

Website I'm working on Runescape Tippers "I was not stealing anything off this site I had been working on this for several months but I gave up and just started on it again.

GirlPowerOn ,One of the best trainers !

Girlpoweron.png

Girlpoweron.png

Girlpoweron.png

edit: didnt read the thread properly

Edited by Mercifull

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You should really use CSS for all your design elements. If you'll be changing a lot of the design elements you should use an external CSS stylesheet like this:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head> 
<link href="stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

Also note that I added an HTML5 doctype (you can change that to another doctype if you want) and I fixed your body tags. The opening body tag starts after the ending head tag.

Then in your stylesheet.css document, use CSS to add a background image like this:

body {
background-image:url('MrMan.jpg');
}

If you don't want to use an external stylesheet, you can do it like this:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head> 
<style>
body {
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Tripsis too fast :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You should really use CSS for all your design elements. If you'll be changing a lot of the design elements you should use an external CSS stylesheet like this:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head> 
<link href="stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

Also note that I added an HTML5 doctype (you can change that to another doctype if you want) and I fixed your body tags. The opening body tag starts after the ending head tag.

Then in your stylesheet.css document, use CSS to add a background image like this:

body {
}

If you don't want to use an external stylesheet, you can do it like this:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head> 
<style>
body {
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

Well I just started Making web sites , so I'm working my way up from HTML To HTML5 to CSS Or what ever way it goes. I'm just messing with somethings but I have one site like 1/4th of the way done but I want to get a Login/Register form on it but I can't figure out how to put one in... If anyone can help for that it would be helpful Thanks. Thanks Tripsis

Website I'm working on Runescape Tippers "I was not stealing anything off this site I had been working on this for several months but I gave up and just started on it again.

Girlpoweron.png

Girlpoweron.png

Girlpoweron.png

W3Schools is fantastic for learning everything web related.

Thanks for all the help , I have tried both the links that you guys provided but I am going to wait for a bit.

Got to worry about school more ..

Plus I am getting into a Collage for "Game design , Robotics and Web page design" Which should help me out a lot , but thanks for the tips guys.

P.s Close this Admin or Mod. Thanks.

Girlpoweron.png

Girlpoweron.png

Girlpoweron.png

• 2 weeks later...

May be a late reply, but don't follow W3Schools, they use incorrect and outdated practices.

If you want to learn HTML, go to HTML Dog - they're a great website for learning.

With regards to a login form, you will need to learn PHP/MySQL, they're a quite a few video tutorials by thenewboston to learn PHP, and they're very helpful.

The reason your code is not working is because you have your head tags ending within your body tag

<head>

<body>

</head>

</body>

It should be arranged like

<head>

</head>

<body>

</body>

Gorraak.png