Next Poll Suggestion

Phthartic

I don't see the need to obsess over this. Jagex won't admit that regardless of the outcome, they'd bring back free trade anyway. And players who had multiple accounts will 9 times out of 10 freely admit they voted multiple times - as well they should, because it affects each account uniquely since accounts aren't supposed to interact.

Getting all hot and bothered really only hurts the person who is freaking out and makes them look more than a little silly, however noble their intentions are.

The moral of the story? It's been a year, it's time to move on.

hzvjpwS.gif

I don't see the need to obsess over this. Jagex won't admit that regardless of the outcome, they'd bring back free trade anyway. And players who had multiple accounts will 9 times out of 10 freely admit they voted multiple times - as well they should, because it affects each account uniquely since accounts aren't supposed to interact.

Getting all hot and bothered really only hurts the person who is freaking out and makes them look more than a little silly, however noble their intentions are.

The moral of the story? It's been a year, it's time to move on.

I have no real argument with that at all. I've said I'm not obsessed about it, only interested enough to have bothered to research and think about it more than many. I haven't freaked out here, only demonstrated that it's really pointless to try to dispute what I'm saying. None of these posters has "got me" on anything. Facts are facts. I honestly didn't intend to go on about it so much, but when I can easily defend my position I do.

I will give you credit for coming up with a very creative justification for multivoting that I've never seen proposed before. Since each account is independent from its owner's other accounts, each is entitled to its own unique opinion. I see. So I'm sure all those people with a Pure account for PKing and a Skiller account would have voted "yes" on their Pure and "no" on their Skiller to suit the best interests of each account. Yes wildy for the Pure, and no to botting and crashing resource prices for the skiller. Uh huh.

And while alt accounts are ABSOLUTELY not allowed to interact, it sure is a lot easier for them to under FT. I well remember the panicked posts from returning players that they might get in trouble for moving all their stuff around between accounts when W/FT was implemented. And I'm NOT going to forget Jagex telling them (close to an exact quote) "wellll... we may be open to letting people do that..." Yet again, no proof possible here but I'm willing to bet they let them get away with as much inter account trading as they wanted when they came back.

Anyway, congratulations on an amazing and fairly amusing way of NOT saying "if I have 5 accounts I'm entitled to 5 votes." And congratz too for having the wits to perceive that the vote was a sham since you admit that they were bringing back W/FT regardless of the outcome. Surely you don't think they would have published the true results if the referendum had lost, then said "Well, we're doing it anyway." So the only possible result they would allow is "yes" winning. Therefore: they cheated. QED.

So I'm sure all those people with a Pure account for PKing and a Skiller account would have voted "yes" on their Pure and "no" on their Skiller to suit the best interests of each account.

Free trade "ruining" skilling is your opinion. Saying that all skillers would have voted no because bots would have hurt their earning potentials is an assumption. If Jagex was going to do this anyway, why vilify people who "voted"? Why does it even matter? Either you've made this point and I missed it, or you've failed to even say why it matters.

And while alt accounts are ABSOLUTELY not allowed to interact, it sure is a lot easier for them to under FT.

Is that relevant? What's the difference between giving a powerleveler access to your account to make money for you while you played something else and buying 10mil from a bot? If we assume that their detection programs for account sharing were as good as they are now, then they certainly weren't getting caught for doing so. Furthermore, interaction between accounts certainly was more difficult, but not impossible by a long shot. By the "end" of restricted trade it was horrendously easy to transfer safely money from one account to another thanks to BA, junk trading (which was plentiful and unsellable thanks to the then-broken GE), etc. There's no need to put this time period on a pedestal just because you don't like the current direction of the game.

hzvjpwS.gif

"Saying that all skillers would have voted no because bots would have hurt their earning potentials is an assumption."

True. A fairly obvious one, but I was just trying to come up with SOME theory under which your idea that each account has its own independent opinion could possibly make sense. You know as well as I do that every account has the exact same opinion as its owner. NOBODY out there barring accidental misvotes or sudden realizations that a previous vote was dumb is going to vote differently on his different accounts. Proving my point (that scarcely needed proving) only PLAYERS have opinions NOT accounts. Not trying to belittle you, but the idea that people are ENTITLED, are CORRECT in voting all of their accounts because each account is independent and somehow affected differently by the result of the vote is just laughable on its face. It's pure justification for cheating the vote. Again: not that they WERE cheating in a TECHNICAL sense since Jagex welcomed it, only in an ethical sense.

"why vilify people who "voted"?"

I don't. I vilify (Hmm, "To make vicious and defamatory statements about." No, I don't think so. "Malign" perhaps; "disrespect" certainly) people who MULTIVOTED. And people who could sleep at night working for a company that would design such a lie of a vote that ENCOURAGED people to multivote. On EITHER side.