2012 Merchanting Guide - Flipping, Short term, Long Term (Commentary)

The_Templars

Cody breaks down the art to merchanting by showing you how to flip an item, do a short term and long term merch.

Merchanting Guide Includes:

How to Flip Merchant

How to do a Short Term Merch

How to do a Long Term Merch

Recommended Flipping Items:

Pvp gear and skilling equipment

-Rune Armour

- Granite Mauls

- Dragonhides

.....etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck7_m8j3Yzg&list=UUTfEpfMg3GolK4Kfq39xG1A&index=2&feature=plcp

Christ I wanted to hit him every time he said the word "merch".

But there are parts that shows he clearly hasn't done his research or even planned the video. Like him buying blood runes and making a 5gp profit, then saying 1k will get you 25k profit.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Christ I wanted to hit him every time he said the word "merch".

But there are parts that shows he clearly hasn't done his research or even planned the video. Like him buying blood runes and making a 5gp profit, then saying 1k will get you 25k profit.

lol im sorry to hear that me saying merch like 5 times offended you. Also me saying 25k?? i said 5k so basically you didnt take the time to listen and open your ears before you open that loud mouth of a comment. Please do not post rants post constructive criticism there mate.

I remember back when people didn't want to make videos to help others just to get more popular, instead they just kept methods to themselves or let out the secrets to a select few.

Granted this is hardly a secret, and not even close to good money anymore thanks to videos like this.

Thumbsdown in terms of the quality of it being groundbreaking. Videos don't make a guide by my standards either. I like that long, thought out, well-explained post with the pictures. Ones that used to exist in Aow a lot.

Oh well. Maybe next time you'll teach everyone something that isn't known =P.

EDIT: To comment on the merch thing..

Merchanting involves strict participation with the community, player-to-player, yields massive profit, and is harder work (social relations required, also doesn't exist with the GE).

Flipping involves quick-sales for small profit (under normal circumstances at least, usually determined by item value and %'s). <- what your video is.

Investing involves a long-term commitment in buying and selling, can yield the highest % profits, has the least amount of work and is the slowest, usually.

Rares are NOT a real item you flip, you merchant, you invest in unless you commit that long-term stuff, in which case it's purely based on trends and not even close to unpredictable under normal conditions. Also, it's hardly a decent way to make cash unless you're good at merchanting to begin with.

MERCHING was coined by stupid pyramid clans that ruined Rs. Ge free-trade now does that by itself, on top of centralized wealth and many rich players. Grand Exchange is horrible.

553VriC.png?1