Tip It Polls

Washac

Did not know where to put this, so I put it here.

When you run a Poll that asks a question like, "What one do you prefer etc", you should have a "None" option I feel.

The Poll running now should have a "None" option as many will not be looking forward to any of these.

By not having a none option you get a false poll result.

Hello Washac,

Thanks for the feedback. :)

I think the reason why the current poll doesn't have such an option is because of the way the question is worded, but I'll make sure it's kept in mind when we change polls.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

On that same note, you might want to also always have an "Other" option alongside the "None" option for stuff like this. That way, if it isn't already shown as an option of its' own, at least it can still get counted. :thumbsup:

~D. V. "The other half of the matter..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• 4 months later...

Agree with you.... There should be a "none" button and I feel there should be a "dislike" button also with the like button.....

We're usually pretty good now about including an "other" or "none" option. :) We'll try our best to continue to include them in the future!

As for a dislike button, that's really a matter for Forum Updates & Suggestions. But we're not going to be adding a dislike button because that allows people to gang up on people to dislike their posts and just generally creates a bad atmosphere. If you disagree with someone's post, it's better to actually reply so you can explain why.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

We're usually pretty good now about including an "other" or "none" option. smile.png We'll try our best to continue to include them in the future!

As for a dislike button, that's really a matter for Forum Updates & Suggestions. But we're not going to be adding a dislike button because that allows people to gang up on people to dislike their posts and just generally creates a bad atmosphere. If you disagree with someone's post, it's better to actually reply so you can explain why.

I understood your point of not offering dislike button..... And yes, to create and maintain healthy environment is very necessary........