Summoning Planner (ADVANCED)

Often before training Summoning I will go through the tedious process of using the Summoning planner to plan out how many pouches of which familiar I will make at what level, how much money I will spend, how many charms I will have left over, etc. So I am suggesting the Advanced Summoning planner.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think it would make a nice addition to the Special Calcs section.

Enter in your level, which level you want to reach, and how many charms you have of each kind. The calculator will then show you the following:

• Most XP effiencient way to use your charms (How many of each pouch to make and when to make a different pouch [at a higher level])
  • Most cost effective way to use your charms
  • How much money the shards and tertiary ingredients will cost
  • How much you will make back from selling the pouches or exchanging them for shards & total loss/profit

For instance: At level one, make 10 pouches of this using 10 gold charms and it will cost 10k. Once you get to level 2, make this pouch with green charms and it will cost x, level 5, make a different gold charm pouch and it will cost this amount, etc.

I think it would be beneficial to include both the most cost-effective and the most XP-effective (gp & xp/charm), as well as allow users to check or un-check pouches that they do not want to make or cannot make (e.g. un-check Arctic Bear pouch even though it is the most cost effective, because you would rather make Barker Toad pouches, or check on Talon Beast because you have some Talon Beast charms, etc.)

Limited tertiary items should also be included in calculations. Say you have 40 abyssal charms, there should be a field for that as well and that should be worked into the calculations.

I would try to make this calculator myself, but JS isn't my strong suit, so I'm hoping that someone will take on this project :-)

Grafarg.png

quest cape is the easiest cape to get, legends cape is harder to get than a quest cape even

Something to this effect does exist (it's here if you'd like to use it), however it doesn't display correctly in FireFox. I've always wondered why Tip.it doesn't have a calc like this. Also it doesn't have some of the features you're suggesting, which sound very helpful.

Something to this effect does exist (it's [anchor]http://users.telenet.be/glodenox/Charms/CharmPattern.html[/anchor] if you'd like to use it), however it doesn't display correctly in FireFox. I've always wondered why Tip.it doesn't have a calc like this. Also it doesn't have some of the features you're suggesting, which sound very helpful.

I agree.

There may be similar tools out there, but I think tip.it needs to have one.

Edit: Plus that calculator is in Java, which is less implementable than JavaScript (language all other calcs on tip.it are in) as far as usability is concerned.

Grafarg.png

quest cape is the easiest cape to get, legends cape is harder to get than a quest cape even

The calculator has been created, you can find it here.

I implemented all your suggestions except the price-wise method. Most people want the most exp efficient method anyways. Returning shards was also not included in the calculations, as it would slow down and vastly complicate an already rather slow algorithm. I removed all the non-viable familiars from the calculator as well.

Thanks for the great idea! You've been credited.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

The calculator has been created, you can find it here.

I implemented all your suggestions except the price-wise method. Most people want the most exp efficient method anyways. Returning shards was also not included in the calculations, as it would slow down and vastly complicate an already rather slow algorithm. I removed all the non-viable familiars from the calculator as well.

Thanks for the great idea! You've been credited.

Thanks for your help, this looks great :-)

Edit: I can see this being very beneficial to not only myself but also to all who use this site for skill help. Therefore, do you think it would be possible to include it under the "Special Calcualtors" section, or perhaps the Skill Planners section. I'd hate for this great tool to go to waste because people don't know it's there. Let me know.

Edit (2): I see that also the calc is part of the special calculators section, as there is a link back to that page on the calculator itself

Home

Calculators

Advanced Summoning

(At the top of the page).

I assume it just takes a while to get it up there or whatever, but anyway, thanks again! I know I'll be using this many times in the future to help level my summoning, as I know others will, too.

Edit (3):

I implemented all your suggestions except the price-wise method. Most people want the most exp efficient method anyways.

This is true, but for one exception. I think we can both agree that 'most people' train summoning with Gold Charms using the Barker Toad pouch, and not the Arctic Bear pouch, as the former gives nearly the same experience and ends up costing less. Also it appears that at level 70 and below you have Dreadfowl Pouch (Level 2 familiar) listed as the way to use gold charms, rather than a host of other (viable) options from level 2 to 70 inclusive.

Edited by Grafarg11

Grafarg.png

• Charm type for each pouch should be listed
  • Income section should be defined
  • Problem I noted with Gold Charms holds true for Crimson as well (Scorpion Pouch --> Elemental Titans [lv. 79])
  • This may be true for other types of charms at lower levels as well.

Grafarg.png

I fixed the incorrect values (scorpions being use for crimsons forever, dreadfowl all the time, etc.)

What do you mean by "defined" I can change "Income" to "Pouch Sell Value" if that's better?

Part of the reason for not including the price-wise method was because it would just tell you to make dreadfowl, albino rats, honey badgers and beavers all the time with no exception, which is rather pointless.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I fixed the incorrect values (scorpions being use for crimsons forever, dreadfowl all the time, etc.)

What do you mean by "defined" I can change "Income" to "Pouch Sell Value" if that's better?

Part of the reason for not including the price-wise method was because it would just tell you to make dreadfowl, albino rats, honey badgers and beavers all the time with no exception, which is rather pointless.

That would be better, since you don't say on there that it is only from selling the pouches (and the cost of secondary ingredients isn't even included. But yes, thanks for those fixes :-))

- It's still not on the Special Calcs page http://open.tip.it/pages/view/special_calculators.htm and http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=special_calculators.htm. Also, most people don't even use the new site yet from what I've heard.

I don't even know if you can do this, but it would be nice to know whether it will appear on these pages at any point in the future.

Grafarg.png

Also I would much rather make Barker Toads instead of Arctic Bears, as would a lot of people... Something to consider.

Grafarg.png

I have fixed the wording of the profit columns.

The calculator will be added to the special calculators index page once the live site and the beta site are merged. This is because right now those pages must suffice for both sites, which means they are rather broken on the beta site.

The calculator will find the most exp yielding path. It would be a near impossible task to make it take into account a million exceptions. So I will leave it preferring Arctic Bears to Barker Toads. I'm sorry I cannot make it work perfectly, it's a hard thing to make computers judge these things accurately.

Thanks again for all your help! :thumbsup:

I have fixed the wording of the profit columns.

The calculator will be added to the special calculators index page once the live site and the beta site are merged. This is because right now those pages must suffice for both sites, which means they are rather broken on the beta site.

The calculator will find the most exp yielding path. It would be a near impossible task to make it take into account a million exceptions. So I will leave it preferring Arctic Bears to Barker Toads. I'm sorry I cannot make it work perfectly, it's a hard thing to make computers judge these things accurately.

Thanks again for all your help! :thumbsup:

Oh love what you did with the profit, adding the secondary prices too. It didn't seem to noticeably slow it down for me. And thanks again for the programming, I'm glad someone took on the task :-)

Grafarg.png

You're welcome. Thanks for the great suggestion! :)

You're welcome. Thanks for the great suggestion! :)

Only thing it could use is a player XP lookup like all of the other calculators have...

Grafarg.png

I think it may be subtracting experience gained from the initial experience; for example, the calc just showed me how to level backwards from level 55 to 48.

I'm not having this problem at all... What values are you entering into the calculator?

Grafarg.png

aFJY3.png

It's some kind of math error with the initial zero. Interestingly enough numbers can only be added to the box in FireFox 13, not deleted, so I can't make it work correctly in FireFox. Tested in Chrome, you get the same error with the zero in the front, but you can delete numbers like a normal text box.

It's some kind of math error with the initial zero. Interestingly enough numbers can only be added to the box in FireFox 13, not deleted, so I can't make it work correctly in FireFox. Tested in Chrome, you get the same error with the zero in the front, but you can delete numbers like a normal text box.

Oh yeah I'm getting it now with a 0 in front of the experience too

Grafarg.png

• 2 weeks later...

The bugs mentioned above have been fixed and the changes queued for upload in the next few days.

Only thing it could use is a player XP lookup like all of the other calculators have...

That should be repaired when the open beta site becomes the live site.