Do Auras stack with Altars?

Lordtunkuta

Was looking at some of the "wing auras" and was wondering if the prayer xp increase stacks with altars.

*Also as a side question, are these auras worth it in the long run to high level prayer? I'm level 71 trying for Turm..

Lordtunkuta.png

I'm actually curious about this too; I'm going for 95 at the moment, but I can't help you, I'm sorry.

EDIT: If they are, I don't see why it shouldn't be useful long term. Every little bit counts, I suppose.

Yes it stacks. As for whether it's 'worth it', I'm inclined to say not really. Whilst you save 1% of your time (~36 seconds to the hour and cash (10-20 bones/hour), I'd consider something like a Greenfingers to be more helpful in the long-term, as the extra herbs (both from picking and plants that may otherwise die) to be more beneficial.

Jack of Trades, also, much better (if you dont already have it).

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Yes it stacks. As for whether it's 'worth it', I'm inclined to say not really. Whilst you save 1% of your time (~36 seconds to the hour and cash (10-20 bones/hour), I'd consider something like a Greenfingers to be more helpful in the long-term, as the extra herbs (both from picking and plants that may otherwise die) to be more beneficial.

I meant worth it in the long run for prayer. By the time I have any ambition of substantially raising my herblore, I'd have had more than enough loyalty points by then me thinks lol

After looking at the Jack of Trades xp formula, I think the winged auras would suit me better..

Thanks for the answer!

Lordtunkuta.png

Jack of Trades is better by far. The boost from Corruption is not really very significant. Buy it if you want the wings.

Is it not that the max possible xp you can get from that is like 9k though?

9k xp per day. Big difference.

Note that in order to get 9k xp out of Corruption, you'd need to get 900k prayer xp normally. (600k with Greater Corruption.) With Jack of Trades, you get an xp lamp for free every day and it takes about 60 seconds, give or take.

lets say 7.5k/day for JOT since we'll assume you aren't maxed. That's 2737k xp per year, in about 6 hours, or about 456k xp/hr in any skill. Used in agility, that'd save you around 29 hours. Much better then the ~120k prayer xp (about 6.5 minutes and 2.9m gp, or about one hour total) you'd save from greater corruption. Even if you got 200m prayer xp in the next year, greater corruption would still only save you ~25 hours to JOT's 29. Math'd.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I meant worth it in the long run for prayer. By the time I have any ambition of substantially raising my herblore, I'd have had more than enough loyalty points by then me thinks lol

After looking at the Jack of Trades xp formula, I think the winged auras would suit me better..

Thanks for the answer!

I know what you were asking, and my answer was you'd be better off getting JOAT or Greenfingers. Corruption et. al. are not worth it was the tl;dr version of my post had you read it it all.

Jack of Trades > Greenfingers > ............. > Winged auras

Joat saves substantially more time (and possibly cash, depending) and GF brings in more cash than you are losing by not using corruption.

tl;dr corruption/etc are crap. Buy only you if you want, but it's hardly worth it in comparison.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER