SSD Eratic behaviour.

Sy_Accursed

Just curious as to what people would blame this issue on in my desktop.

I am running 3 ssds, one of them had a hardware fault early on and got replaced by the makers. Now on seemingly random occasions (not very frequently) the system will hang in boot up and fail to detect the ssd with windows on it result in NTLDR missing error. A couple of restarts or jiggling the sata cables (but never the one actually joined to the windows drive) a bit inside the case makes it come back, but in the wrong place in the boot menu so obvious fix via BIOS and then runs fine again. It's done this to me like 3 times in the past 6 months.

Just wondering if people would be more inclined to blame the mobo or the drive(s) as the source of the problem?

I'm thinking it may be the mobo as on my old board I never had this issue and since having this new board I have had a couple of occasions when usb devices randomly dropped out and the graphics card has behaved erratically.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yes they are.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There was an issue with the Agility/Vertex series up until recently where they would randomly "disconnect" themselves from the host machine, causing BSoDs if you're using Windows while it's happening, and the behaviour you're describing now. The BSoDs leave no error logs as since the HDD disconnects, there's no way for them to be recorded. I believe the latest firmware versions for the SSDs fixes the issue but it may or may not wipe the drives when you update, I don't know, I've never owned one. :P