Worm (virus)

Worm is a kind of virus, but is it dangerus? And what does it do? Is it a kind of a script or something that register everything that u write on the computer? I got one, need help plz :)

It's comming this danger sign and it says: system infected: Worm w32. VBNA.b Activity detected

Worm is a kind of virus, but is it dangerus? And what does it do? Is it a kind of a script or something that register everything that u write on the computer? I got one, need help plz :)

It's comming this danger sign and it says: system infected: Worm w32. VBNA.b Activity detected

Anything that relates to a virus is generally pretty bad news.

The most basic way to say it is that a worm is similar to a virus (in the way it reproduces and spreads) but instead of needing a program/file to spread like a virus does, it can freely replicate itself from your system through your network and possibly to anything within range of attack. In comparison worms are a lot more dangerous because it's able to spread through your entire network instead of just in your PC. I'm sure there are other users who could explain this better.

What are you currently using for your antivirus? is it protecting you from the worm or just displaying that one is detected?

randomkcopyq.png

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/w/worm.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worm_%28computing%29

If you're unsure of what to do, I'd advise visiting a help forum specifically geared to computer troubleshooting, such as GeekstoGo. Not discounting the talent of those on these forums, something as potentially destructive as a worm should probably be dealt with very thoroughly and carefully and G2G has fairly stringent practices.