Another vegas problem: takes ages too render

Miner_Guy

I have just finished my video which is about football. The problem is its 15 minutes long and 13 of those minutes are videos which have been made by recording video with fraps. So those video files are huge, 29 gb to be exact for just those 13 minutes. So obviously it takes ages to render. How can i fix this? Should i convert the files and what to? or should i compress them?

SUPER.gif

What exactly do you mean by "ages"? Videos can easily take a few hours to render. If it's huge files, obviously going to be more. As long as you don't have to keep your pc running for two days straight...

Sorry for being so unspecific, it was at 8hrs and still going and at 0% until i cancelled it. Leaving my pc on until it renders i dont think is really an option as i dont really want to have to leave it on for 12+ hrs. Any other suggestions, like maybe converting files?

SUPER.gif

8hrs and still at 0%? There may be an issue with the program itself then, since it shouldn't take that long, especially with a processor like yours.

Yeah that's definitely not normal. Maybe you should try converting the files, I could imagine that vegas for some reason isn't able to work with the needed codec properly.

If you need a converting program, I personally use XMedia Recode and never had any issues with it, though I didn't try any other programs to compare.

[spoiler=Render Settings]rendersettings.png

[spoiler=Properties of Project]properties.png

I guess it is taking so long because of the file size plus the high settings of the video. I know the program isnt broken as i rendered a shorter video fine. Should i either, tone down the properties and render settings of video, if so to what (maybe wmv)? Or should i convert all the fraps files?

SUPER.gif